73 F
Ocean City

Golf Tournament Proceeds Benefit Youth Recreation

The Worcester County Commissioners are pleased to announce the results of the fourth annual “Tee off for Youth” Golf Tournament to benefit youth recreation in Worcester County. Eighteen teams participated in the full scramble tournament, which was headed up by the American Legion Riders (ALR) Post 166 of Ocean City. Four of the eighteen teams comprised of county employees were competing for the John A. Yankus County Cup, named for Worcester County’s first chief administrative officer. The cup went to the Recreation & Parks team that included Paige Hurley, Myro Small, Bill Rodriguez, and Brian Shockley.
The golf tournament is an annual event that took place Friday, October 7, at The Ocean City Golf Club and raised over $5,000, with 75% of the proceeds from this tournament to benefit the Worcester County Recreation & Parks (WCRP) Youth Scholarship Fund, and the remaining 25% to benefit the ALR Post 166 Charities.
The WCRP scholarship fund helps children who may otherwise be unable to afford to participate in county recreation programs.
The ALR’s charitable works include donations and proceeds to benefit local children’s hospitals, schools, veteran homes, severely wounded service members and scholarships.
For more information about the wide variety of recreation and sports programs available at WCRP, call the Worcester County Recreation Center at 410-632-2144 or visit the website at www.WorcesterRecandParks.org.

Assateague Guide

Everything you want to know about the Ocean City boardwalk.
Shop, Eat, Drink, People Watch, Amusements, Bike & Scooter rentals, more...

Follow Oceancity.com

208,023FansLike
29,939FollowersFollow
1,900FollowersFollow
8,815FollowersFollow
329SubscribersSubscribe

Latest articles

Similar articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: OceanCity.com, 4 Bay St., Suite D, Berlin, MD, 21811, http://www.oceancity.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact