Winterfest 2019 runs November 21 – December 31
It was a cold night as we drove along the Route 90 into Ocean City. From the bridge, you could see the array of lights set along the coastline, illuminating the buildings all around town.
Quick information on Winterfest 2019
- The 2019 edition of Winterfest, held at Northside Park on 125th Street, will take place Nov. 21- Dec. 31.
- Hours are Sunday to Thursday 5:30 – 9:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday 5:30 – 10:30 p.m.
- Entry to Winterfest at Northside Park costs $5 (kids under 11 are free).
- Admission includes a trip on the Winterfest Express tram ride.
- Tickets are available at the door as well as at the Ocean City Convention Center Box Office. They also are part of many hotel packages.
- Other attractions in the heated Winterplace Village include the opportunity to relax and sip hot chocolate, browse the Yukon Cornelius gift shop or have your photo taken with Santa.
An Ocean City Tradition
Ocean City, Maryland may be the premier vacation resort on the East Coast during the summer, but each winter it transforms into an award-winning holiday wonderland with the annual Winterfest of Lights. This award-winning annual celebration of the holiday season includes a light display with more than one million one Christmas bulbs.
Winterfest animated light displays
The hundreds of animated displays at Northside Park on 125th Street are the main attraction, but businesses and residents all over town join the fun with mesmerizing lights of their own. The boardwalk trams are transformed into tour buses, taking visitors on a ride around Northside Park as the displays twinkle and the Christmas music plays. It is an event not to be missed.
Come celebrate Ocean City, Maryland’s nationally recognized holiday celebration known as Winterfest of Lights. Don’t get left in the dark, or out in the cold, this holiday season. Book your accommodations for your winter beach trip now. Want to save big? Check out these featured hotels offering special Winterfest pricing on room rates: Clarion-Resort-Fontainebleau-Hotel Deluxe oceanview accommodations.
Waiting in line isn’t a problem
The atmosphere is so festive at the heated Winterplace village that whether you’re waiting your turn or have just finished your Winterfest ride, the experience is pleasant. In addition to hot chocolate sales and snack vendors (all run by local nonprofits) there is the Yukon Cornelius Gift Shop, where you can purchase holiday trinkets or souvenirs from your excursion. And, of course, no visit is complete without stopping by to say hello to Santa.