COVID-19 NOTICE: Ocean City is welcoming guests. Please be advised that masks may be required at some establishments and social distancing should be maintained. Retail establishments are opening at 50% capacity, masks are required. Restaurants remain open for take-out and delivery only. Gatherings of more than 10 people are NOT PERMITTED.
With all of its rich family tradition and breathtaking beauty, it comes as no surprise that many couples choose to tie the knot with a beach wedding in Ocean City, Maryland. What better way to tie the knot than surrounded by people you love under a warm sun with waves breaking in the background and a cool breeze blowing off of the gorgeous Atlantic Ocean? Beach weddings offer an elegant experience in a relaxed and casual atmosphere and Ocean City has everything your need to commemorate your love and make the memory of your special day last a lifetime.
From restaurants, country clubs, and hotels with stunning views to florists, photographers, and houses of worship, you’ll find all the necessities for an amazing beach wedding in. Whether you’re planning a small, intimate affair or a huge gathering, and beach wedding or a religious ceremony, or even just a bachelor or bachelor party, Ocean City is the ideal destination for a beach wedding.
With spectacular scenery and all the venues and amenities needed for an unforgettable wedding within a few miles, you’ll be hard pressed to find a location as perfect as Ocean City for a beach wedding, so it’s no surprise that hundreds of couples choose to say their vows here every year. Whatever you want, however creative you want to be, your dream wedding can become a reality in Ocean City.
Apply for a marriage license
Once you’ve decided on an Ocean City, Maryland, wedding, your first step is to apply for a Worcester County marriage license. Call the Clerk of Court Office at 410-632-5500 to find out what’s required, and what documents are needed.
Arrange a beach wedding ceremony
If you want to arrange a beach ceremony, call the Ocean City Mayor’s Office at 410-289-8931. You’ll need to provide someone to officiate, since Ocean City doesn’t have a Justice of the Peace.
Wedding Prep Checklist
- Choose your wedding date and time
- Select the type of wedding you will have
- Discuss your budget and who will pay for what
- Consider hiring a wedding coordinator
- Make arrangements with a religious officiator
- Select wedding and reception locations
- Select bridesmaids, best men and other roles
- Place engagement announcements in local newspapers
- Choose your wedding dress, veil and other accessories
- Select a photographer, videographer, caterer, florist and D.J.
- Discuss the guest list
- Discuss honeymoon and make reservations (this is traditionally done by the Groom)
- Arrange for time off work
4-6 Months Prior
- Start bridal registries at your favorite stores
- Order dresses, tuxedos, shoes and accessories
- Order invitations
- Select a color scheme
- Parents should select attire
2-4 Months Prior
- Select and order wedding bands
- Order wedding cake
- Check state and county marriage license requirements and obtain marriage license
- Plan meny for reception
- Choose reception music or entertainment
- Complete guest list and send invitations
- Arrange for lodging for out of town guests
- Purchase gifts for the wedding party
- Make reception seating chart if necessary 1 Month Prior
- Review all arrangements
- Finalize rehearsal dinner arrangements
- Call guests who have not responded
- Give final counts to the caterer