50 Free Things to Do in Ocean City this Fall
- Start your morning watching the sunrise over the beach.
- Get lost in a giant Halloween Beach Maze
- Collect shells on the beach
- Decorate your car in a spooky Halloween fashion for the O.C.toberfest Drive in Disguise
- Trunk or Treat! Collect candy from the Drive in Disguise cars.
- Look for egrets and herons in the wet marshes
- Wave at one of the webcams all over town
- Celebrate the season at the Halloween Spook-Out Party. All admission requires is a wrapped bag of candy.
- Take a romantic sunset walk on the pedestrian walkway of the Route 50 bridge
- Pick up a few brochures and plan your vacation at the Visitor Center, located in the Convention Center
- Check out all the hot rods and classic cars at Endless Summer Cruisin’
- Fly a kite on a windy fall day
- Bring your dog to the beach and Boardwalk anytime between Oct. 1 and April 30
- Use binoculars to spy on Assateague Island from the Ocean City Inlet
- Walk around the galleries in the Ocean City Center for the Arts
- Read up on some Ocean City Oddities
- And say hello to Nanticoke while you’re at the Inlet
- Plan out your Thanksgiving trip to Ocean City
- Pick up a game of basketball at Little Salisbury Park
- Head over to Salisbury, Maryland and visit their free zoo
- Catch sculptors creating detailed religious sculptures in the sand
- Simply lay out on the beach — no sunscreen needed on cloudy, cool days
- Take in the peace and tranquility of “Stinky Beach” (AKA Homer Gudelsky Park)
- Organize a beach-themed scavenger hunt
- Make like a local and read one of the free newspapers in town
- Celebrate Oktoberfest and Berlin, Maryland’s 150th anniversary at the same time
- See how many painted utility boxes you can spot downtown
- Keep your eyes open for the King (or several Kings) during the annual Elvis Festival
- Stop in for one of the Art League’s monthly First Friday Opening Receptions
- Birdwatch by the bay
- Bicycle on the Boardwalk
- Go for a stroll in Northside Park
- Pretend it’s the 1960s as you walk down Motel Row
- Take a jog around South Gate Pond in Ocean Pines
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the view at the Isle of Wight
- Drop a line at the Ninth Street Fishing Pier
- Watch boats come and go from the West Ocean City marinas
- Rollerblade on the Boardwalk
- Catch a free outdoor movie in Berlin
- Create an autumnal photoblog of your vacation
- Watch costumed pets walk the Boardwalk in the annual O.C.toberfest Howl-O-Ween Pet Parade
- Make sand angels
- Do a little window shopping at the Holiday Shopper’s Fair, or at the Art League’s Holiday Artisan Fair
- Take a drive downtown once all the Christmas lights are up
- Take a walk under the Inlet pier
- Explore the Ocean City Life-Saving Station for free during Local’s Appreciation Week
- Bundle up for a hike on a nature trail at Assateague Island
- Get in the holiday spirit a little early at the Light Up Downtown Festival
- Enjoy the Ocean City Christmas Parade on the first day of December
- End your day watching a picturesque sunset over the bay
Things to Do in Ocean City, Maryland
Ocean City, Maryland did not become the East Coast’s premier vacation resort by accident. Its breathtaking beach and busy Boardwalk are major factors, but they are far from the only things to do in Ocean City, Maryland that attract visitors from all over the world.
Ocean City, Maryland hosts weekly events, annual conventions and festivals, nearly 20 exquisite golf courses, the best watersports and fishing on the eastern seaboard, endless shopping, amusement parks, museums, mini golf… the list is practically endless.
If you’re bringing the whole family to Ocean City, be sure to check out all the free and kids activities, headlined by the free events hosted by the town each week in season (such as movies and concerts on the beach, light shows along the Boardwalk, beach olympics, fireworks, and Sundaes in the Park.
If you feel like venturing away from the barrier island for an adventure, OCMD is only minutes away from the beautiful Assateague National Seashore, historic Berlin, Wallops Island, more than 20 breweries, and the Delaware Beaches, giving you plenty of options for ultimate day trip experiences. Regardless of what your passions or interests are, there are unlimited things to do in Ocean City.
And don’t limit your Ocean City trips to the months between Memorial and Labor Day. Ocean City offers many late season festivals like Sunfest and Bike Week, excellent holiday shopping opportunities, amazing chances to experience nature and wildlife, and the nationally acclaimed 6-week annual celebration known as Winterfest of Lights.
Things to Do in Ocean City