50 Free Things to Do in Ocean City this Spring
- Start your morning watching the sunrise over the beach.
- Kick off the season with a little luck at the 36th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Collect seashells on the beach
- Keep your eyes on the sky during the Maryland International Kite Expo weekend
- Listen to live bands and enjoy the ambiance at Springfest!
- Look for egrets and herons in the wet marshes
- Wave at one of the webcams all over town
- Bring the whole family to the Easter Fun Fair and Arts and Crafts Show (Free for those three and under and military/fire/police, only a few dollars for all others)
- Take a romantic sunset stroll on the pedestrian walkway of the Route 50 bridge
- Pick up a few brochures and plan your vacation at the Visitor Center, located in the Convention Center
- On May 7, you can get free health screenings at the Community Health Fair
- Free movies on the beach start up again on June 5 — Catch a free family flick on Wednesday evenings outside the Carousel
- Bring your dog to the beach and Boardwalk until April 30
- Use binoculars to spy on Assateague Island from the Ocean City Inlet
- Walk around the galleries in the Ocean City Center for the Arts
- Read up on some Ocean City Oddities,
- And say hello to Nanticoke while you’re at the Inlet
- Spend Easter at the beach, and attend a Sunrise Service on Easter Sunday
- Pick up a game of basketball at Little Salisbury Park
- Head over to Salisbury, Maryland and visit their free zoo
- Catch artists crafting intricate sculptures in the sand
- Spend the first warm spring day laying out on the beach (before the crowds really get here)
- Take in the peace and tranquility of “Stinky Beach” (AKA Homer Gudelsky Park)
- Organize a beach-themed scavenger hunt
- Make like a local and read one of the free newspapers in town
- If you want to spend your summer living and working in Ocean City, think about attending the Job Fair in late March
- See how many painted utility boxes you can spot downtown
- Enjoy live music and exhibits at the annual Crab Soup Festival in the Somerset Street Plaza
- Stop in for one of the Art League’s monthly First Friday Opening Receptions
- Birdwatch by the bay
- Bicycle on the Boardwalk
- Go for a stroll in Northside Park
- Pretend it’s the 1960s as you walk down Motel Row
- Take a jog around South Gate Pond in Ocean Pines
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the view at the Isle of Wight
- Drop a line at the Ninth Street Fishing Pier
- Watch boats come and go from the West Ocean City marinas
- Rollerblade on the Boardwalk
- Go to a 2nd Friday Art Stroll in Berlin
- Create a photoblog of your spring vacation
- Catch classic cars parading down the Boardwalk every morning during Cruisin’ Ocean City weekend
- Make sand angels
- Ravens fans, remember to wear your purple at the Baltimore Ravens Roosts Parade
- Watch the surfers catch gnarly waves at OC Surf Fest
- Take a walk under the Inlet pier
- Explore the Ocean City Life-Saving Station for free on International Museum Day
- Take a hike on a nature trail at Assateague Island
- Join the crowds for the annual Fireman’s Parade
- Finally, say goodbye to spring and hello, summer at the annual Ocean City Air Show June 15 – 16
- End your day watching a picturesque sunset over the bay
Things to Do in Ocean City, Maryland
Ocean City, Maryland did not become the East Coast’s premier vacation resort by accident. Its breathtaking beach and busy Boardwalk are major factors, but they are far from the only things to do in Ocean City, Maryland that attract visitors from all over the world.
Ocean City, Maryland hosts weekly events, annual conventions and festivals, nearly 20 exquisite golf courses, the best watersports and fishing on the eastern seaboard, endless shopping, amusement parks, museums, mini golf… the list is practically endless.
If you’re bringing the whole family to Ocean City, be sure to check out all the free and kids activities, headlined by the free events hosted by the town each week in season (such as movies and concerts on the beach, light shows along the Boardwalk, beach olympics, fireworks, and Sundaes in the Park.
If you feel like venturing away from the barrier island for an adventure, OCMD is only minutes away from the beautiful Assateague National Seashore, historic Berlin, Wallops Island, more than 20 breweries, and the Delaware Beaches, giving you plenty of options for ultimate day trip experiences. Regardless of what your passions or interests are, there are unlimited things to do in Ocean City.
And don’t limit your Ocean City trips to the months between Memorial and Labor Day. Ocean City offers many late season festivals like Sunfest and Bike Week, excellent holiday shopping opportunities, amazing chances to experience nature and wildlife, and the nationally acclaimed 6-week annual celebration known as Winterfest of Lights.
Things to Do in Ocean City