Pontoon Boats · Jet Skis · Kayaks · Seadoo Trixx
Fishing and Boating in Ocean Ctiy
10 Miles of Beaches! 3 Miles of Boardwalk!
Learn about everything Ocean City, MD has to offer and plan your perfect visit.
What are the different areas in Ocean City?
Plan the best family beach vacation, an adult getaway, or
Fishing in Ocean City
Make sure you get your permits or go with a head boat or charter that has the proper licenses so you don’t get in trouble with Maryland’s Department of Natural Resources. Same goes for size and catch limits. If you have questions, please check the DNR site.
Ocean City Fishing Locations/Piers
- Route 50 Bridge
- Ocean City Fishing Pier
- Inlet Park in downtown Ocean City
- Third St. Pier (bayside – no fishing license required**)
- Ninth St. Pier (bayside)
- Northside Park, 125th St. (bayside – no fishing license required**
- Fishing License Required for Atlantic Ocean and Coastal Bays. Call 410-656-9526 or visit http://dnr.maryland.gov/service/fishing_license.asp for more information. However, there are now two free fishing areas on the coast: Northside Park, town-owned pier and park at 125th Street, and Chicago Avenue, bulkhead between 2nd and 4th Streets do not require fishing licenses to fish in those areas (anglers must still register with the state for free by phone 1(855)-855-3906 available 7 AM to 7 PM every day, or online here:https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/dnrcompassportal).
Boating in Ocean City, Maryland
Since the Ocean City Inlet was cut in the storm of 1933, Ocean City’s commercial and recreational boating fleets have expanded. Not only can you rent traditional head boats and charter boats, but you can also enjoy a plethora of recreational boating activities in Ocean City. Grab your family and friends and spend an afternoon cruising the bay on a pontoon boat, hop on one of the rocket boats and speed up and down the shoreline, or paddle around in a kayak fishing or touring. You can rent boats of all sizes for ocean going and for river meandering. Worcester County is laced with public boat ramps and marinas. If you need a place to store your boat, Ocean City has you covered there as well.
Ocean City Boat Ramps
- Assateague Island Park (Rt. 611 at Assateague Island Bridge)
- Gum Point Road (off Route 589)
- Ocean City Commercial Harbor (Sunset Avenue in West Ocean City)
- North Ocean City, 87th Street bayside