At this time, the Town of Ocean City Emergency Services Officials have ordered that all summer work/travel participants must be evacuated from Ocean City today, Thursday, August 25, due to expected arrival of Hurricane Irene to our coast.
This is a mandatory evacuation for all J-1 students. All guests and residents will be evacuated after the students.
At this time, all students must follow the instructions below:
· Studentsmust gCClocated on & Coastal Highway starting at 10:00am EST today
· From the Convention Centerstudentsen byPerdue Stadium in Salisbury. There students will board a second bus that will take them to a Red Cross , in Baltimore, MD,students
· Students must btheir,their–
· Studentsbe carry-ontheir students need to the student
· STUDENTSTHEIRTHEMstudents. Tstudents’their Students shouldir suitcasestheirtheirhome theybethem
· Students will be given blankets, a cot to sleep on, food, drink, and all things necessary including medical care while they are at the shelter in Baltimore.
· There will be computers for students to use at the shelter in Baltimore, so that they can keep in touch with their family and your program sponsor.
· After the hurricane passes, and it is safe to return to Ocean City, students will be transported back by buses.
· If the hurricane causes so much damage that the town of Ocean City is not inhabitable, students will be assisted by their sponsor to either return home, or go to another area with the USA for the remainder of their program.
Students must be sure to contact their family before leaving Ocean City, so that they are aware of students’ plans to evacuate. Students’ sponsors have been notified already, and students should stay in contact with their sponsor in the coming days.
T information regarding the hurricaneYou