Top Ten Things To Do in Ocean City, MD
Ocean City has so much to offer, but we all know that time is of the essence! So here is a list that we have created to help you see the best of Ocean City in a couple of days.
1. To begin the number one thing to see would be…the boardwalk!
Click here to see our thorough delineation of Ocean City’s staple attraction.
2. Sunfest, Ocean City’s biggest and best festival, for the 38th year, will surely bring a smile to your face as musicians and vendors collaborate on an end of summer event. For more information visit http://www.oceancitymd.gov/Recreation_and_Parks/specialevents.html
3. Assateague island, just recently garnering a position on Coastal Living’s list of the top 21 beaches in the nation, is a must see. It is perfect for a day visit to swim on the pristine sandy beaches while seeing wild horses roam the island, or even a couple of days as they have campsites readily available. For history and other fascinating information visit www.assateagueisland.com
4. Seacrets is the highlight to of any trip to Ocean City. With a Jamaican atmosphere on the sandy beaches of the bay side, relaxing is not a hard thing to do. Featuring a night club, live music, and reggae during the nighttime; as well as water activities, shopping, and dining throughout the entire day, this mega complex is an absolute to any visitor’s itinerary.
5. The beach at Ocean City is also a staple to any visit. With soft sand and an abundance of waves, there is no reason why you and the family shouldn’t spend the day at the beach. With sand castle contests and surf contests, there will never be a dull day at the beach. If you would like to go surfing during the day, there are designated areas where it is acceptable. Go to this article to see specifics on exact locations of the designated beaches https://www.oceancity.com/content/blog/where-surf-ocean-city
6. Shopping is easy and breezy in Ocean City. With the tanger outlets just around the corner and small boutiques up and down the coastal highway, eager shoppers should definitely make an effort to stroll through the beautifully landscaped complex.
7. Ocean City has some of the most spectacular golf courses in the Mid-Atlantic region. With some right on the beach, it is a great way to spend a relaxing day. With over 17 championship golf courses, there is no way that you could ever be bored. Need to work on your putting with the family before you head out to the big leagues? Mini golf is widely popular from West Ocean City all the way to Fenwick Island. For more detailed information on which venue best suits your needs visit http://www.ocgolf.com/
8. Whether you are an accomplished fisher or a novice crabber, Ocean City has plenty of crustaceans and fish alike to get your heart racing! Known as The White Marlin Capital of the World, Ocean City, MD has some of the best fishing around. There are free piers located throughout the area and plenty of deep sea and bayside fishing excursions for a day trip experience. Also, remember to plan a trip to see one of the most anticipated events of the summer, the White Marlin Open: long known as the “Worlds Largest Billfish Tournament”!
9. Head over to the beach on Thursday nights and enjoy a free event for the entire family. While watching a movie, which changes every week, look up at the stars and bask in the ocean breeze.
10. Amusement rides, ranging from mega heights to twirling teacups will definitely be a great conclusion to your Ocean City vacation. With hundreds of rides that feature some of the oldest operating carousels with hand carved animals, this is a magical world that appeals to all ages.