If you’re counting down the days until Winterfest of Lights, you’re not alone. While you wait patiently for Ocean City, MD to be blanketed in over 1,000,000 Christmas lights, here are some things to look forward to in the meantime:
– The first Friday of November brings the return of the monthly tradition known as the First Friday Art Reception at the Art League of Ocean City. Head to 94th St tonight from 5-7pm for the opening reception of this month’s exhibits, including the “Juried Members Holiday Show” and “Delaware Watercolor Society.” More information can be found at http://artleagueofoceancity.org/.
– Winterfest may still be a few weeks away but this Saturday, November 8, the Downtown Association presents the Wicomico Street Winter Festival. The event takes place between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. and features vendors for holiday shopping, games for kids, live music by Tanzfusion and the Stephen Decatur High School choir, and the chance to “Donate to Decorate.” The event is free to attend and takes place from 3-7pm. Full details can be found here.
– With 9 breweries within a 45 minute drive, the Ocean City area is primed to become the next great craft beer hotbed on the East Coast. This Monday, November 10, join the founders of ShoreCraftBeer.com and representatives from 9 breweries for a night of “Beer Talk & Tasting.” The event takes place at Burley Oak Brewing Co. from 4:30-6 and features a presentation on the State of Craft Beer, a paneled discussion/ Q&A with the brewers, and networking happy hour featuring $1 samples of local beer. If you would like to attend, please RSVP here.
– Thursday, November 13, marks the return of yet another Ocean City holiday tradition: the Worcester County Humane Society’s annual fundraiser at Captain’s Galley. Now in its 34th year, the event is $60 to attend with proceeds benefiting the humane society. Your donation includes a three course meal and music by DJ Wax. There will also be raffles, a Chinese auction, and cash bar. Reservations are encouraged to be made by Sunday, but a select number of tickets will be for purchase at the door. OC Today has full details on the event.
– Finally, if you’re still deciding Thanksgiving plans, consider spending it at the beach and letting the Grand Hotel and Spa worry about the holiday stress. Stay one or two nights in an ocean view room and get a $60 diner voucher, $10 breakfast voucher, and souvenir water bottle full of candies for one low rate. Learn more details about the package or book your room now here.
For full entertainment and event listings for this coming week, continue reading below, or check out the OC Today Appearing Live and Out & About pages. And don’t forget to join our online community by visiting our forum, signing up for our newsletter, and following us on social media at on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for breaking news, breathtaking photos, daily updates, and weekly giveaways from your online authority for everything Ocean City.
Live music and entertainment listings:
BJ’S ON THE WATER
75th Street and the bay
Nov. 7: Full Circle, 9 p.m.
Nov. 8: Over Time, 9 p.m.
Nov. 12: Sir Rod, 5-8 p.m.
Nov. 13: DJ Jeremy, 9 p.m.
BOURBON STREET ON THE BEACH
116th Street, behind Fountain Head Towers Condominium
Every Wednesday: Randy Jamz
Nov. 7: Brant Quick
15th St. & Baltimore Ave.
Every Friday-Sunday: Phil Perdue
60th Street and the bay
Nov. 7: DJ Hook
Nov. 8: DJ RobCee, The Loop
Nov. 9: Everett Spells
Nov. 10: Bryan Clark
66th Street, bayside
Nov. 7: Philly George Project, 8 p.m. to midnight
HARBORSIDE BAR & GRILL
12841 S. Harbor Road
West Ocean City
Nov. 7: Ladies Night w/DJ Bill T
Nov. 8: Simple Truth, 2-6 p.m.; DJ Jeremy, 9 p.m.
Nov. 9: Opposite Directions, 2-6 p.m.
Nov. 13: Opposite Directions, 6-9 p.m.
Route 54 and the bay
Fenwick Island, Del.
Nov. 7: Dave Hawkins, 6-10 p.m.
Nov. 8: Dave Sherman, 6-10 p.m.
Nov. 12: Bobby Burns, 3-6 p.m.
Nov. 13: Aaron Howell, 6-10 p.m.
Rt. 50 & Keyser Point Rd.
West Ocean City
Nov. 9: Ladies Night w/DJ BK, 8 p.m.
JOHNNY’S PIZZA & PUB
56th Street, bayside
Nov. 7-8: The 69 Band
MARYLAND WINE BAR
103 N. Main St., Berlin
Nov. 7: Captain Karl, 7 p.m.
OCEAN CLUB NIGHTCLUB
In the Horizons Restaurant
In the Clarion Fontainebleau Hotel
101st Street and the ocean
Every Thursday-Sunday: DJ Dusty,
9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Nov. 7-8: Power Play, 9:30 p.m.
to 2 a.m.
49th Street and the bay
Nov. 8: Full Circle, 5-9 p.m.;
Big Bang Baby, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Nov. 13: DJ Cruz, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
WHISKER’S BAR & GRILL
11070 Cathell Road
Suite 17 Pines Plaza
Nov. 7: Karaoke w/Donnie Berkey, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Events, activities and t