(March 13, 2015) Thousands of people wearing green will line Coastal Highway on Saturday to celebrate in Ocean City during the 34th annual St. Patrick’s Day parade.
The Ocean City tradition starts at noon on 57th Street and continues south to the 45th Street Village, where an Irish festival will already be underway with green beer, Irish step dancers, music by Pat O’Brennan and Irish fare until about 3 p.m., but the party does not end there.
Dozens of local bars and restaurants will have entertainment Saturday after the parade and Irish specials including food, beer and liquor all weekend long.
Here are a few local events taking place this weekend and lasting through St. Patrick’s Day on Tuesday:
West Ocean City:
• OC House of Rock, Trader Lees Village, Route 50 and 611: Drink specials all day Saturday include $3 domestic bottles and rail drinks. Tranzfusion will be live on stage from 5-9 p.m.
• Harborside Bar & Grill, Harbor Road: Irish fare includes Seafood O’Brien, Reuben sandwiches and corned beef and cabbage served all weekend. Drink specials.
• Captain’s Galley II, Harbor Road: Lite fare menu upstairs and $3.17 ham, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and a roll on Saturday.
• Hooters, Route 50: On Saturday and Tuesday, $2.50 Miller and Coors Lite pints, $4 Guinness and $3.17 fried pickles. On Friday there will be drums and bagpipers from 6-8 p.m. and Bad Since Breakfast will take over at 8 p.m. On Saturday, Push will perform at 8 p.m.
• Sunset Grille, Sunset Ave.: Teaser’s Dockside Bar will have its annual opening party Saturday from 12-7 p.m. with happy hour prices, Irish food specials and prize giveaways. Doug Segree will perform starting at 5 p.m.
• Frog Bar, Atlantic Ave. at the inlet: Grand opening on Friday at 11 a.m. with a huge St. Patty’s Day party on Saturday. Drink and food specials run Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. They include $3 shooters, $5 orange crushes, $2.50 Bud Lights and corned beef and cabbage.
• Shenanigan’s Irish Pub, Fourth Street and the Boardwalk: The 25th annual Paddy Bash takes place all weekend and Tuesday. James Gallagher & Off the Boat will be performing all weekend and from 8-11 p.m. on Friday. Saturday, the pub opens at 8 a.m. before the 5K race at 9 a.m. on the Boardwalk. Patrick McAllorum will perform from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and James Gallagher & Off the Boat from 3 p.m. to close.
The pub opens at 11 a.m. Sunday for Emerald Nation Recovery Day. Shenanigan’s will open for St. Patrick’s Day at 9 a.m. Tuesday with James Gallagher & Off the Boat playing from 11:30 a.m. to close. Appearances by the Chesapeake Caledonian pipe band and Ocean City Pipe Band on Saturday and Tuesday. There will be a biggest leprechaun contest with cash prizes.
• Pickles Pub, 706 Philadelphia Ave.: Open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Saturday with a special St. Patty’s day food menu including Irish stew, sausage bangers and mashed potatoes, Shepard’s pie and corned beef and cabbage. Drink specials include Shamrock shakes and green beer. Monkee Paw from 2-6 p.m. and from 10 p.m. to close, DJ VO. Open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday for the third annual Kegs & Eggs party with breakfast and drink specials until noon. Side Project will take the stage at 8 p.m. Drink specials.
• Fish Tales, 22nd Street, bayside: Opening on Friday at 3 p.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Bag pipes and drums will make an appearance after the parade. Drink specials on Saturday will include $2 Killian’s Red drafts, $2 green PBR drafts and Irish coffees, $3 Jameson and Jameson Black Barrel shots, $3 Guinness Blonde pints, $3 Smithwicks and Harp drafts and $4 Guinness drafts and car bombs. In addition, a tent will be set up with multiple food specials including Rueben’s and corned beef.
• American Legion Post #166, 24th Street and Philadelphia Ave.: St. Patrick’s Day party on Saturday starts at noon. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and a roll for $7.50. Call 410-289-3166 for more information.
• Coins, 28th Street: After-parade party Saturday with drink specials including $4 Irish coffees, $2.50 domestic drafts, $2.75 Killian’s pints, $4.75 Guinness, $3.50 Shamrock shooters and $1 Jell-O shots. Food specials are $5.50 corned beef cabbage and potatoes, $9.99 corned beef and Reuben sandwiches and 50-cent cod fish cakes. Ryan Jackson, formally of the Permilla project, will perform from 1-5 p.m.
• Dunes Manor Hotel, 28th Street & Baltimore Ave.: An Irish pub menu includes corn beef and cabbage, boiled ham and potatoes and a Reuben wrap. “Sham-rockin” cocktails will be available along with dinner specials. The Zippy Lewis Lounge lucky prize wheel will spin every 30 minutes for giveaways and discounts all night. There will be complimentary party favors including beads and hats or have an Irish sing-along with Ms. Shirley on the piano.
• Guidos Burritos, 33rd Street: An after-parade party will feature a 60-ounce monster-rita special, $3 fireballs, domestic draft specials and free sombreros.
• 45th Street Village: OC Steamers, 45th Street Taphouse, Drunken Noodle and Assawoman Bay Brewing Co. celebrate after the parade Saturday with Irish-themed food and drink specials.
• Seacrets, 49th Street: St. Patrick’s Day party and ‘Irie-ish Music Fest’ runs all day Saturday from 11 a.m. to close. Seven live bands–The Vigilantes, Jon Maurer, Melodime, Jim Long Band, Kristen & the Noise, Jimmi Milligan and JJ Rupp–and five deejays. The Ocean City Pipes and Drums will be playing bagpipes around 4 p.m. Locals New Year balloon drop at 6:30 p.m.
• Ky West, 54th Street: Food and drink specials will be featured all day Saturday including Irish fare and Jameson Crushes. DJ Rhoadie will be spinning the tunes from 2 p.m. until close. Located on the parade route with views from the deck overlooking the action.
• OC Brewing Company, 56th Street: Drink and food specials will be going on all weekend long with $4 OC Light drafts and Jameson cocktails. Irish food specials include Shepard’s pie, sausage bangers and mashed potatoes, corned beef and cabbage along with house specialties. There will be live music all day Saturday from noon to midnight with three bands. Located on parade route.
• Johnny’s Pizza & Pub, 56th Street: St. Patty’s Day Thursday through Tuesday with $3.75 Red Irish Killian’s pale ale and domestics, $5.75 Guinness and craft beers, $3 Lucky Leprechauns, which feature Bailey’s new cinnamon, vanilla and Irish crème and $5 green melon coladas. Bloody Mary’s, mimosas, green beer and car bombs will also be available. Food specials include jumbo pizza slices, pastrami sandwiches, hot dogs.
Friday, the Rockfish Band will perform. On Saturday, Johnny’s opens at 8 a.m. for its fifth annual St. Patty’s Day parade party with breakfast, in addition to, Irish music and videos playing all day. Full Circle will perform from 8 p.m. to midnight. Also, a big cheese wheel and complimentary 22-ounce souvenir cups for Saturday’s occasion. Located on parade route.
• Fager’s Island, 60th Street: Live entertainment on Friday starting at 5 p.m. with the ShamRogues, DJ Hook spins the tunes on the deck at 9 p.m. and Tranzfusion takes the stage at 9:30 p.m. On Saturday, Opposite Directions plays at 2 p.m., the Stims start at 5 p.m., DJ Rob Cee takes over at 9 p.m. and Animal House rocks the stage at 9:30 p.m. There will be Guinness beer specials on Saturday and corned beef and cabbage Saturday and Tuesday.
• Galaxy 66 and Skye Bar, 66th Street: St. Patty’s Day lasts all weekend, Saturday through Tuesday with Irish dishes including $6 corned beef and cabbage, $8 turkey or corned beef Reuben with fries and $9 Irish stew along with a few others. Drink specials include $5 Irish crushes and $6 Irish trash cans with happy hour from 4-7 p.m. Aaron Howell will perform at the Skye Bar on Saturday from 3-7 p.m.
• Longboard Café, 67th Street: Specials will last all weekend and Tuesday including an overstuffed Reuben, Guinness Irish stew, ‘Irish Exit’ martinis and Burley Oak beer.
• BJ’s on the Water, 75th Street: Food specials will be featured on Saturday and Tuesday including corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes, Mulligan stew and a few other Irish dishes. Friday, Saturday and Tuesday drink specials include a bucket of Rolling Rocks, Irish coffee and $2 Coors, Miller and Natural Light cans. Bagpipes will play at 3 p.m. on Saturday and green beer will be served all day until it runs out. On Friday, Full Circle will perform at 9 p.m. with Chest Pains playing on Saturday at 9 p.m.
• Horizons Restaurant and Breaker’s Pub, in the Clarion Resort Hotel, 101st Street: Beer specials all day long from March 14-17. In addition, hot or cold corned beef sandwiches on rye and Irish cabbage and barley soup will be featured. Corned beef, cabbage and potato dinner special.
• Bourbon Street on the Beach, 116th Street: All weekend and Tuesday, corned beef and cabbage, Reuben’s and Guinness beef stew, in addition to happy hour from 4-7 p.m. On Friday night, Dave Sherman will perform, 7-10 p.m., and Saturday, the Baltimore Boyz from 4-7 p.m.
• The Carousel Hotel, 118th Street: Bamboo Lounge specials Friday through Sunday and Tuesday include $9 Irish Beef & Stout Stew, $8.50 cheddar topped cottage pie, $10.50 Irish cabbage and bacon, $9 corned beef Reuben with waffle fries, $3 Killian’s drafts, $5 Guinness Pub Draught cans, $4 Smithwick’s Irish ale bottles, $5 Jameson Irish Whiskey and $6 Irish car bombs.
• Grotto Pizza, 124th Street: Drink specials including orange crushes, Killian’s, Irish coffee and $2 domestic pints all weekend.
• Crab Bag, 130th Street: On Saturday, food specials include monster corned beef sandwiches and drink specials all day. All regular menu items available.
• Duffy’s Tavern, 130th Street: Bob Hughes will perform Friday from 6-9 p.m. DJ Dutch will kick off the party on Saturday from 12-6 p.m. and DJ Lefty takes over until close. Drink specials include $3.17 Guinness and Jameson, in addition to $5 car bombs. Food specials include corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew, shepherds pies, Reuben’s and Rachel’s. Breakfast will be available every morning, March 14-17, from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Siculi Rustic Italian Kitchen, N. Main Street: Saturday and Sunday happy hour will include $5 sangrias and house wines. Tuesday, corned beef and cabbage.
• Taylor’s, South Gate: Specials Saturday and Tuesday include a corned beef sandwich for $7.95, corned beef and cabbage platter for $8.95, Shepard’s pie with one side or fish and chips for $9.95.
• Whisker’s Bar & Grill, Pines Plaza: Saturday from 4-8 p.m. Landers, Heinz & Pic will be performing. Food specials include Irish eggs with hangover sauce, corned beef and cabbage, Reuben dip and Irish beef stew. Drink specials include green beer, Irish coffees and Jell-O shooters. On Tuesday, corned beef and cabbage will be available.
• The Cove, Mumford Landing Road: On Saturday, Irish dinner plate specials for $9 include corned beef and cabbage, Shepard’s pie, lamb and Guinness stew, Dublin Coddle, stout poached oyster or Bailey’s bread pudding. There will be an Irish dance party with DJ Dom Dig from 2-6 p.m. At the Yacht Club, a buffet dinner with Pat O’Brennan Trio from 6-10 p.m. It costs $23.17 per person plus tax and gratuity.
• Fox’s Pizza Den, Route 54 in Selbyville: An Irish menu will be featured Friday through Tuesday including Shepard’s Pie, corned beef sandwiches, a Guinness Irish stew, shamrock salad, duck, Irish roasted salmon and Irish sausage bangers. Deejay on Saturday from 9 p.m. to midnight with car bomb and Irish shooter specials.
• High Stakes Bar & Grill, Route 54: Bobby Burns starts the weekend off from 4-7 p.m. on Friday. Entertainment on Saturday includes Bobby Burns from 4-7 p.m. and DJ Rupe at 9 p.m. Happy hour drink specials and ham, cabbage and potato platters available all weekend. On Sunday, play free Bingo at 2 p.m.
• Harpoon Hanna’s, Route 54: After-parade party Saturday starting at 11 a.m. until close and on St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday from 3-7 p.m. Specials include $3 Coors and Miller Light drafts, $4 Jameson and Guinness, $5 car bombs and $8.99 corned beef and cabbage.
• Smitty McGee’s, Route 54: St Patrick’s Day party all day Saturday with music by DJ Wax from 12-4 p.m. DJ Magellan takes over at 4 p.m. Special appearance by the OC bagpipers. Green beer, liquor specials, giveaways and corned beef and cabbage will be available on Saturday and Tuesday.
• Cottage Café, Route 1 (across from Sea Colony Towers): Saturday and Tuesday from 12-9 p.m. Dishes include $5.99 Irish onion soup, $14.99 short rib Shepard’s Pie, $14.99 corned beef and cabbage with potatoes. A $5.99 Irish banger sausage sandwich will be available at the bar only from 12-6 p.m. Drink specials include $2.25 green Coors and Miller Light drafts. There will be Irish whiskey specials and Guinness on tap.