It is that time of year again– are you ready? So MUCH to plan and do; SATs, college applications, senior proms, exams and last, but definitely not least –GRADUATION! The Class of 2011 is getting ready to hit the beach in OC and we welcome you! It is a tradition that you have worked hard for and proper planning can make all the difference…
It is never too early to plan your Senior Week trip and OceanCity.com is your one-stop vacation planning headquarters! Let us help you get started at https://www.oceancity.com/where-to-stay.php.
Below are some suggestions to assist you and your friends in having a fun and safe stay in Ocean City. Remember, many hotels and motels in OC are “Senior Friendly” and staying at one of these properties may make your trip is more enjoyable. Then, make sure you have everything planned and ready:
– Choose one person to make inquiries/reservations and then provide information to all persons.
– Know your property; carefully review their web site before making a decision about where to stay.
– At the time of your reservation state that you are planning a graduation trip.
– Ask the policies regarding age requirements to stay at the property; have your ID ready.
– Some properties may require a cash security deposit while others will accept a credit card.
– Parent authorization may be required in advance depending upon your age and the policy.
– Ask about policies regarding the credit card; it may necessary to provide the card at check-in.
– Know the number of and availability of parking spaces and plan accordingly.
– Carefully review the policies pertaining to visitors to your accommodations.
– Be sure to ask the maximum number of occupants permitted and adhere to this for your safety.
– Always register all guests staying in your rental; this is very important in case of emergencies.
– Some properties charge for additional guests.
– Hotels and motels may have a “NO Party Policy”; be sure to ask when making reservations.
– There are usually rules pertaining to “quiet time” that differ at varying properties.
– Ocean City has noise ordinances that are enforced to ensure all visitors have an enjoyable stay.
– Be respectful of the property as owners work very hard to ensure rentals are in good condition.
– Be courteous to other guests as well as employees.
– Leave your rental clean and in good condition for the next guests.
All the merchants of Ocean City want you to have a safe and fun stay. This information will help make your trip an Ocean City memory that will last a lifetime! It is important to understand that violations of the property policies and/or Town of Ocean City laws and ordinances may result in penalties up to and including immediate eviction with forfeiture of rental fees and security deposits — an outcome no one desires that is easily avoidable.
Other important suggestions include:
– Take the bus in Ocean City.
– Always use the designated crosswalks.
– Observe the posted beach rules and swim near a lifeguard.
– Check here for other Ocean City Senior Week tips: https://www.oceancity.com/guides/ocean-city-senior-week.
Finally, don’t forget Ocean City has long been THE premier destination for graduates so we have many activities and discounts just for you! Be sure to take full advantage of all that is being offered for the Class of 2011 in Ocean City this year.
Also, don’t forget about the Play it Safe program. This program offers free events during the first three weeks of June for those high school graduates that celebrate their graduation in Ocean City, MD. The project is run by the town’s Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Committee as well as the health department and their ultimate goal is to promote healthy decisions through the various alcohol and drug-free events.
Congratulations Class of 2011 on your upcoming graduation and we look forward to seeing you at the beach!