Ocean City, Md is no longer just for Miller and Bud Light drinkers. With 10 breweries within a 45 minute drive, and more popping up every few months, Ocean City is quickly asserting itself as one of the premier microbrewery destinations on the East Coast. Each week, OceanCity.com brings you ‘Microbrew Monday” as a way of keeping you in the know about what’s going on around our local brewery scene.
Here’s a look at this week’s beer releases and other happenings at the Ocean City area breweries:
– This Thursday marks the first event of the “Brews for Boobs” series to benefit the local Making Strides Against Breast Cancer chapter. This week’s event takes place at Backshore Brewing Co. from 7-10pm and will include drink specials, raffles, giveaways, and more; plus a portion of all proceeds will be donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
– If you’re in the mood for fall beer this week, head over to Ocean City Brewing Co. to try out the newly tapped “Pumpkin Hollow” pumpkin spice seasonal ale. Also, make sure to head to the brewery for “Firkin Friday,” where a special, one-of-a-kind cask-conditioned brew will be featured each week.
– Burley Oak Brewing Company in Berlin has many great activities on tap to keep patrons entertained throughout the week. Monday Burley hosts its weekly guest bartender night to raise money for local charity; Tuesday is vinyl night, so grab your favorite records and head to the tasting room for great beers and tunes; Wednesday is game night, featuring pool, cards, board games, and more (don’t forget to bring your own!); Thursday Burley will be featuring a special cask beer for $1 off; Friday the band Bad Since Breakfast takes the stage at 9pm; and Saturday the brewery hosts a free tour at 3pm and Test Kitchen on stage beginning at 9pm,
– Evolution Craft Brewing Company, just down the road in Salisbury, has great food and beer specials all week at Public House Restaurant and the tasting room. Check them out Monday for 1/2 priced wings and all day happy hour; Tuesday you can get a beer and burger for only $10; Wednesday house-smoked brisket sandwiches are 1/2 off all day; Thursday is ‘Community Appreciation Night” featuring discounts for police, firefighters, EMTs, teachers and others who make the local community a better place; and Sunday Evo has 1/2 priced burgers and happy hour all day long.
– The 3rd Wave Brewing Co. in Delmar, DE is celebrating local teachers and school administrators each and every Monday with with all night Hoppy Hour for those with proper ID and also has Flight Night on Thursday with half off all tasting flights. This Sunday, September 14, will be participating in the annual Wine & Dinosaurs Tasting Festival in Wilmington, DE from noon to 4pm. Finally, be on the lookout for the release of Hodad, a Belgian Pale Ale, and Chunkin Punkin, a fall seasonal ale brewed with real pumpkins, the first week of October.
For more information about the Ocean City area craft beer and brewery scene, be sure to check out OceanCity.com/Craft-Beer for beer info, listings, articles, events, and more!