Ocean City, Md is no longer just for Miller and Bud Light drinkers. With 10 breweries within a 45 minute drive, and more popping up every few months, Ocean City is quickly asserting itself as one of the premier microbrewery destinations on the East Coast. Each week, OceanCity.com brings you ‘Microbrew Monday” as a way of keeping you in the know about what’s going on around our local brewery scene.
Here’s a look at this week’s beer releases and other happenings at the Ocean City area breweries:
– This Thursday marks the 8th and final event in the ongoing breast cancer awareness series known as “Brews for Boobs.” This week’s fundraiser to benefit the local Making Strides Against Breast Cancer chapter will be hosted by Burley Oak Brewing Company in Berlin. The fun takes place at from 7-10pm and will include a specially brewed pink beer, a 50/50, raffles for over $1000 in local goodies and a “Wagon of Cheer” full of spirits, and more. Full Circle will be performing live and a portion of all proceeds will be donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Visit the official Facebook event page or email email@example.com for more information.
– Speaking of Burley Oak, which has been rated as “world-class” by BeerAdvocate, stop by any night this week for awesome events and great local brew! Don’t miss guest bartending charity night on Monday; Vinyl Night on Tuesday; Game Night on Wednesday; $1 off cask beer on Thursday; live music on Friday and Saturday; and a free brewery tour at 3pm on Saturday.
– Ocean City Brewing Co. has over a dozen of its own craft beers on tap, including “Pumpkin Hollow”- a pumpkin spice seasonal ale, and its ‘Black Sails’ black IPA. Also, make sure to head to the brewery for “Firkin Friday,” where a special, one-of-a-kind cask-conditioned brew are featured weekly. Finally, if you want a first-hand look at the brewing process, don’t forget to stop by OC Brewing Co. for a personal tour of the operation. Tours take place daily at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
– Evolution Craft Brewing Company, just down the road in Salisbury, has great food and beer specials all week at Public House Restaurant and the tasting room. Check them out Monday for 1/2 priced wings and all day happy hour; Tuesday you can get a beer and burger for only $10; Wednesday house-smoked brisket sandwiches are 1/2 off all day; Thursday is ‘Community Appreciation Night” featuring discounts for police, firefighters, EMTs, teachers and others who make the local community a better place; and Sunday Evo has 1/2 priced burgers and happy hour all day long.
– In addition to its fall seasonals being on tap and the “famous” Sandstorm, Tripel being released this week, 3rd Wave Brewing Co. in Delmar, DE has the following going on:
Mon, 10/27 Faculty Night with Hoppy Hour all night to all school faculty with proper ID
Thurs, 10/30 Flight Night with 1/2 price flights all night
Fri, 10/31 Halloween Party and our Sandstorm, belgian tripel will be released
Sat, 11/1 Tours upon request 12:30 pm and 3:00
Sun, 11/2 $3 off all growler fills when you wear any 3rd Wave gear
For more information about the Ocean City area craft beer and brewery scene, be sure to check out OceanCity.com/Craft-Beer for beer info, listings, articles, events, and more!