With 4 breweries in town, 9 more under an hour away, and more popping up every few months, Ocean City, MD has asserted itself as the fastest growing craft beer brewery destination on the East Coast. Each week, OceanCity.com brings you ‘Microbrew Monday” to keep you in the know about what’s going on around our local brewery scene. Don’t forget to check out ShoreCraftBeer.com for complete craft beer coverage and to learn how you can win prizes just for drinking local with the ShoreCraftBeer.com Shore-17 and OC-8 Brewery Challenges!
Here are this week’s highlights:
– Ocean City Brewing Co. has two dozen taps, many of which are occupied by own craft beers made on premise. This week, make sure to stop by to check out the brand new food and craft beer bar! Also, head to the brewery for Pint Night on Tuesday at 7:00, OC’s only Cornhole League at 7:00 on Wednesday followed by Industry Night with $3 brews and cocktails, “Firkin Friday” where a special, one-of-a-kind cask-conditioned brew is featured weekly, and breakfast at the brewery on the weekends. Finally, if you want a first-hand look at the brewing process, don’t forget to stop by OC Brewing Co. for a personal tour of the operation. Tours take place daily at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
– Evolution Craft Brewing Company, in Salisbury, has great food and beer specials all week at Public House Restaurant and the tasting room. Check them out Monday for 1/2 priced wings and all day happy hour; Tuesday you can get a beer and burger for only $10; Wednesday house-smoked brisket sandwiches are 1/2 off all day; Thursday is ‘Community Appreciation Night” featuring discounts for police, firefighters, EMTs, teachers and others who make the local community a better place; and Sunday Evo has 1/2 priced burgers and happy hour all day long.
– The 3rd Wave Brewing Co., just up the road in Delmar, DE, prides itself on ‘Good Friends, Good Waves and Great Beer’ and wants to share all three with you. This week, stop by the taproom any day to taste their recently tapped creations as well as your favorite classic brews.
– Located at 10th St. and the Boardwalk, Ocean City’s first brewery- Backshore Brewing Co.- may have the best view of any brewery anywhere in the country. Stop by for the view and stay for the handcrafted beers and brand new HoopTea. Plus, don’t forget to be on the lookout for Backshore’s film debut in ‘Blood, Sweat, and Beer,’ a new documentary chronicling two craft beer breweries.
– Longtime Ocean City icon, Anthony’s Beer, Wine & Deli is starting 2015 with a new name to go along with it’s specatular food, beer, wine and liquor selection. Now known as Anthony’s Liquor, the establishment also has a new bar area where you can enjoy rotating taps of the best local beer around. Stop to to sample offerings from the above breweries as well as many others found close by!