With 4 breweries in town, 10 more under an hour away, and more popping up every few months, Ocean City, MD has asserted itself as the fastest growing craft beer brewery destination on the East Coast. Each week, OceanCity.com brings you ‘Microbrew Monday’ to keep you in the know about what’s going on around our local brewery scene. Don’t forget to check out ShoreCraftBeer.com for complete craft beer coverage and to learn how you can win prizes just for drinking local with the ShoreCraftBeer.com Shore-17 and OC-8 Brewery Challenges!
– Burley Oak is almost 4 years old and is already thinking ahead to the celebration. Mark you calendars for August 26th for an all day party with bottle releases, live music, food, giveaways, and more.
– It doesn’t get much more Maryland than crab feasts and beer. On August 22, Evolution Craft Brewing is hosting “Craft and Crabs,” an all you can eat crab feast with all the trimmings, from 12-4pm. Tickets are on sale now for $39 and include AYCE crabs, 2 Evo pints, fried chicken, brisket, potato salad, corn, dessert, live music, and more. Tickets will be more expensive the day of the event so pre-order yours now.
– Speaking of Evo, there are great food and beer specials all week at Public House Restaurant and the tasting room. Check it out Monday for 1/2 priced wings and all day happy hour; Tuesday you can get a beer and burger for only $10; Wednesday house-smoked brisket sandwiches are 1/2 off all day; Thursday is ‘Community Appreciation Night” featuring discounts for police, firefighters, EMTs, teachers and others who make the local community a better place; and Sunday Evo has 1/2 priced burgers and happy hour all day long.
– Ocean City Brewing Co., it has two dozen taps, many of which are occupied by craft beers made on premise. This week, Ocean City Brewing has new summer releases like its Strawberry X pub ale, Blood Orange IPA, Orange Crush Wheat Ale, and Watermelon Mint Ale, so make sure to stop by to sample them all! Also, head to the brewery for Pint Night on Tuesday at 7:00, “Firkin Friday” where a special, one-of-a-kind cask-conditioned brew is featured weekly, breakfast at the brewery on the weekends, and half priced drinks and drafts from 12am-2am for Midnight Madness. Finally, if you want a first-hand look at the brewing process, don’t forget to stop by OC Brewing Co. for a personal tour of the operation. Tours take place daily at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
– The 3rd Wave Brewing Co., just up the road in Delmar, DE, prides itself on ‘Good Friends, Good Waves and Great Beer’ and wants to share all three with you on your way to or from the beach. Stop by the brewery for weekly events such as School Faculty Appreciation Night on Monday for Hoppy Hour prices with proper ID, Wednesday for 3 pints for $3 each, Flight Night on Thursday with half price flights, or any other night to try 3rd Wave’s newest offerings.
– Located at 10th St. and the Boardwalk, Ocean City’s first brewery- Backshore Brewing Co.- may have the best view of any brewery anywhere in the country. Stop by for the view and stay for the handcrafted beers and brand new HoopTea. Plus, don’t forget to be on the lookout for Backshore’s big screen debut in ‘Blood, Sweat, and Beer,’ a recently released documentary chronicling two craft beer breweries.