Thread: Body Piercing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars

Body Piercing?

I was also curious as to any suggestions on where to get body piercing done at.

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

abethepunk
    Sand Dollars

scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars
    Well, no one replied to me in time, but I thank you two who did reply to my message.

Anyway.

Abethepunk,
    I got my tongue pierced at Chat St. on North Division St. They were very professional about it and they talk to you about it if you have questions, don't let the store turn you off. The room you are pierced in is EXTREMELY clean and the tools and everythig are in one of those medical autoclave things or whatever they are called. I forget the name of the girl who pierced me but she as awesome, it was fast an painless and she talks to you the whole time to let you know what is going on.
    I would check a few places out before just picking one place. That's what I did. Make sure to ask to see a portfolio, license, health records, and see that the tools are properly cleaned. I checked several places and Chat St. was the place I thought was the most cleanest and most credible.
    Let me know where you go and if you get it done!

Sand Dollars

scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars
    Piercings are not forever, you can take them out and let them close. My brother had his tongue pierced twice and let it close both times. I got my tongue peirced at Chat St. on the boardwalk and it definately did not have to get amputated. It is EXTREMELY rare that th could happe, I even asked my doctor because I heard rumors of that and of brain aneurysms and my doctor basically laughed at me. Not to mention almost ALL piercings swell. And a tongue piercing will ooze a whitish discharge for up to two weeks afterwards and it is perfectly normal. And I thought tattooing was illegal in Ocean City, you have to go to Salisbury? I am not into the tattooing because that IS FOREVER, so I could be wrong on that part.

Sand Dollars

scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars
    I must apologize, I wasn't trying to start an argument.

But piercings AREN'T permanent, at least none I have were. I had my ers pierced for years and during high school I took them out and they closed.
    And tongue piercings aren't as dangerous as everyone thinks they are. Honestly, I reserached it and learned the good and the bad and I talked to my doctor about it. It is VERY rare that it gets infected and if t does it is because he person didn't clean it properly. Mine never got infected. And everyone else that I know never hadany complications with it either. And at that it is probably one of the least painful of piercings.
    The white ooze only happens for up to two weeks.

And I DEFINITELY agree to be updated on your shots and make sure the piercer has the proper credentials. You should ask to seethe license and health inspector papers and a portfolio of their work as well. I know where I got my piecing they had a big notice about diseases and stuff you can get from unsterile piercing equipment at other places. Also, make sure the tools that are used on you come out of an autoclave.

And I am aware tattoos an be removed by a laser but who is going to pay so much money for a tattoo and then get it removed with a laser which I assume costs a lot too.

But yes, I agree witht he inoculations, but actually I don't know about your state but in Pennsylvania you HAVE to have a hepatitis B inoculation to go to school. It's a law now.

abethepunk
    Sand Dollars

scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars
    Yeah, the two people at Chat St. were EXTREMELY helpful with my questions - and I had a ton considering it was my first piercing aside from my ears. I was considering getting my eyebrow done but I was too chicken for that but I am still thinking about it.

Harrison City is near the Pittsburgh area. It's south of Pittsburgh. Near Monroeville and Greensburg. You?