Thread: Sunfest

Sand Dollars

Sunfest

We were down in OC for Sunfest...GREAT time...we went Saturday at 10 when they opened, and stayed till 5.. No complaints at all EXCEPT for the outdoor entertainment seating...I do not think people should be allowed to "HOLD, or SAVE seats"... we couldnt even get a seat... for all the benches etc were saved with towels. bags etc...inside seating was not an issue...but they need to make the outdoor, first come first serve..
    Entertainment was AWESOME..saw, The Diamonds, Sir Rod,,, Bobby Laughman and the Memphis Mafia, The Stickers, and one act of Ritchie Fields... AWESOME entertainers.

Sand Dollars
    Glad you had a good trip. I went down Thursday and Friday with my wife and we both really enjoyed ourselves. We didn't stick around for any entertainment but she really enjoyed walking through the vendor tents and the crafts. Perfect weather and the usual September crowd of nice laid back people.

Sand Dollars
    To each their own. I went and was rather bored. (I am not an Arts and Crafts type person) I eventually ended up just walking the boardwalk and people watching. My one complaint will be alleviated next year. I grew tired of walking through cigarette and cigar smoke. (Not in the tents, but just outside of the tents). I ended up meeting a coworker/friend who was in OC for the weekend. This person was a former smoker and she was complaining about the smoke. It seems as if former smokers tend to be the most vocal about smoking. Weird.

The interesting thing is that this was my first boardwalk visit this year. I am down every weekend and take a 2 week vacation during the summer. Before I bought my place, I thought I'd be at the boardwalk all the time. I actually had a friend (who owns a place as well) tell me that we wouldn't be going to the boardwalk much and it is true. I will go to Rehoboth's boardwalk. Since I have young kids, I find that it is much more kid friendly.
    Last edited by Cobra617; 09-22-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Cobra, even though they've passed the no smoking ordinance on the beach, I highly doubt that it will be enforceable or that they'll have anyone who actually cares enough to do anything about it. I really don't expect this new rule to make any difference. Same with the dogs, and skateboards and scooters, etc. Nobody does anything. Not being critical, just realistic.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Z....I actually think this will be enforced both on the boardwalk AND beach. They are giving smokers alternative places to smoke and I think the majority of smokers will abide by the law out of respect to non-smokers (I said MAJORITY, not all). I also think it will be easier to see people smoking on the beach than drinking on the beach.

I haven't really experienced any violations with dogs, skateboards and scooters but I am never on the boardwalk unless it is offseason. I have seen an occasional dog on the beach in May and September but I don't recall seeing them there in the summer. Of course, it is perfectly legal the other months.

Sand Dollars
    I am with DeMan on this. I am thinking that this will be more readily enforced. Drinking can never be completely enforced since you can hide alcohol in different containers. The boardwalk should be simple. The beaches will take some work.

I look at Rehoboth's boardwalk and they seem to have very good compliance. I don't frequent Delaware beaches so I can't comment on compliance there.

Sand Dollars
    I thought this year was the best ever. I got a tin/glass lighthouse lamp, a mermaid painting and several other items. I ended up spending about three times a much as I thought I would because this years artists were wonderful. Usually it's just the same old stuff that really doesn't do anything for me. I was very, very pleasantly surprised! My lamp and painting bring back wonderful memories every time I look at them.