happy393
    Sand Dollars

Choo Choo train in the ocean?

Ok , so I was down in OC this weekend, we were at Peppers having our usual bloody mary on Sat. morning. I was looking in the ocean and noticed what looked like a tug boat pulling little wagons? carts? barrels? behind it? We had no clue what it was.

We go back to our hotel,Talbot Street Hotel, bay view and n oticed this morning that there was that same boat, the tug, off to our left, out in the water, leaving w/ the little wagons? carts? or barrels?

What is this? is it sand dredging in the bay and they are taking the sand somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Sand Dollars

Re: Choo Choo train in the ocean?

Probably something going on with the beach replenishment I guess.

Choo Choo trains? The old train tracks that ran into town are currently underwater along the route 50 bridge, thought maybe they pulled something out of the water LOL

Sand Dollars

When is the next batch of subway cars being dropped in the sea for artificial ref construction? - that could be what Happy383 saw.

happy393
    Sand Dollars

I can tell you that it WAS NOT subway cars. They were not that big. I really lookes like canoes or small boats being pulled out to the ocean from the bay(to the left of MR DUCKS) and out into the ocean. Like I said, we said them out in the ocean yesterday, while at Peppers and this morning, from our deck, a new batch leaving. While on our balcany , they were in the vicinity of a crane sort of looking thing out there in the bay? so it much be sand? I don't know????? That is why I am asking. And yes, before anyone says it, "that happy 393 sure does have some strange questions" lololol