Sand Dollars

Harley Davidson of OC to Close Nov 1

Couldn't have happened to nicer guys. Sad for OC and Delmarva Bike week but they were not friendly people at all.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20101017/BUSINESS/10170338/Harley-Davidson-of-Ocean-City-to-close-Nov.-1

Sand Dollars

Re: Harley Davidson of OC to Close Nov 1

No matter what, it's never good for anyone when a business closes. Sorry to see it go.

happy393
    Sand Dollars

Sorry to see that store go!

htoc102b

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with terp. Unless you were a "biker" they really didn;t want to have much to do with you. However, OC can't afford to lose businesses like this. I went in there a few times a year to get things for friends and always thought it was cool that OC had such a nice store (merchandise wise). We should all hope this doesn't effect Bike Week which is a huge economic draw for the city.

Chook
    Sand Dollars

It's sad when any business closes, but when there a couple of years ago on vacation my husband & I stopped in to check out their clothing (they were supposed to be having a sale). The staff was very 'unfriendly.' And we are bikers.

Sand Dollars

My brother had his bike break down a couple of years during bike week. It's a 1994 FXLR-a pretty nice bike. They refused to work on it and were pretty rude about it. They told him that they don't work on bikes over 10 years old. Well, perhaps that attitude is why they went belly up. Let's face it, they hated OC. Over the past 3+ years, they've been doing eveything possible to move Bike Week away from OC to Salisbury, which ironically is closer to Seaford. I look for them to try to phase OC out of Bike Week but they'll never succeed. Maybe another group will step up to organize the event and move it back to the race track were it belongs. Bottom line is that OC needs the money from Bike Week.

Sand Dollars

hopefully they put a yamaha or triumph dealer in.

Sand Dollars

There have been some Harley dealerships around here that tanked in the last couple of years due to poor management... the economey is a big factor - but I think when the whole big harley craze happened (about 10 years ago) and supply couldn't keep up with demand, alot of dealerships assumed an attitude that this new breed of "bikers", needed them more than they needed the customer.

2 things happened - the yuppies demand got filled. And the dealers can't get it through their heads that, they need to go back to doing things the way they did them BEFORE everybody and their brother were out kissing a$$ to buy $25000.00 bikes...

It all comes down to customer service.