Sand Dollars

7-Eleven @ 2611 N. Philadelphia Ave

Hello All!

It's been a while since I've been to the forums, but since the Christmas Season is gone I'm looking forward to the beach already. I wanted to share this gripe ever since we got back from our trip in September, but time has gotten away from me.

My husband and I had car problems while we were driving to dinner one night, so we pulled over into the parking lot of the 7-Eleven on Philly Ave, right next to Buxy's. The oil light came on, so we were happy to have a place so handy to go in a buy oil just to get us back to our condo.

We went into the store, spent over $45 in oil and other items and asked the store owner if we could let our car sit in the lot for 30 minutes to see if the new oil would do the trick. We figured we (and by "we" I mean "I") could go have a drink at Buxy's and by then the car would be at least a little better off. Mind you, we were the ONLY people there in all this time (about 40 minutes). They have a front lot and a back lot and both were totally empty except for our car. The owner came out and told us that there was no way we could leave the car there, push it out on the street.

Needless to say, we were both surprised by his answer and unhappy with him to say the least. I won't be back there, no matter what happens or how desperate I am in the future.

Sand Dollars
    Doesn't surprise me at all. I've encountered a lot of snobbery by owners and managers at different stores in OC. They all act like you're an imposition rather than their livelihood. I'll keep that in mind on my next trip. Fortunately, we buy our gas at the Wine Rack.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Maybe you should've went back in for a pack of gum, then "slipped & fell" in his store as you were going out to push your car? AND I'll bet if you asked him to call you an ambulance, and inquired who insures his establishment, all of a sudden that car would be pretty far down his list of importance.

Sand Dollars
    I was really surprised by it. It's not like we are a suspicious looking group with a junk car, or anything. It's pretty obvious that we weren't going to ditch the car, if that's what he was worried about. You would think he would welcome one car in the lot to make it look like he at least has some customers. Especially since the inside of the store is even older and dumpier than the outside.

Sand Dollars
    Oh! And the tow truck company was a whole different story! But I will share that story later. I've reached my complaining quota for the day

Sand Dollars
    Seashell, don't keep us all hanging. What ended up being wrong with the car?

Sand Dollars
    It turned out just to be a bad spark plug! Ruined pretty much the whole vacation. But there's always this year....... hopefully.