Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gjdeet
    Sand Dollars

Re: Your "Area" of Ocean City

I have been coming to Ocean City for about 30-some years now and have stayed all over the city, but if you notice some of my posts they talk about alot of North OC and Fenwick Island. For the past 15 or so years, my family every June (except for this one, medical BS) we have stayed at or around 131st and have become very familiar with North OC and Delaware. Now in the spring and fall for weekend trips with friends we stay on the boardwalk somewhere.....but i really have come to enjoy the quietness of North OC. Nothing like sitting on the balcony at nights after a good dinner somewhere with a cigar and some drinks and hanging out with family!!! If I can be of any help to anyone with answering any questions about North OC or Delaware, please do not hesitate to ask. I have only been on this forum for a little while, but I enjoy it and it is very informative. Planning on going to the beach, FINALLY, in Sept for a week and hopefully for a weekend in Oct. Will definitely post a dining report for you all.

Elios
    Sand Dollars

100th to 120th or so we did say as low as 94th one year at the 9400 building

love the part of town still busy but not insane like named streets and not dead like up by the DE line

im a big fan of the Seawatch and Rainbow imo the best to condo complex in town

tfunky14
    Sand Dollars

This is a great topic for discussion. I have been coming to OC every summer since I can remember and when I was young my mom would book a place on either Worcester or S. Division St. Its a small motel and still there just can't remember the name. We didn't have a alot of money at that time so we packed our food most of the time but would always eat out one time at a buffet. A few summers we would camp at Frontier Town which was a blast and can only imagine now how fun it would be now with their pool scene. The past 8 years we have stayed at the Plim, Tidelands, Sleep Inn, Commander and Hotel Monte Carlo, never further north than 14th st. We hit Phillips, Anthony's and Dough Roller ever summer and added Harborside, Mitchell's sub shop to that list as well.

This year it will be something new, a condo rental. With two kids it was a must to find addition space for our vaction. I look forward to the new chapter of vacationing OC and will let you know how it goes.

Elios
    Sand Dollars

gl with your condo youll never go back to hotel again trust me

90th to about 130th is great more layed back then down south 94th to 120 is nice since the food stores are right there and few nice places to eat with out even having to drive any were

sharon w
    Sand Dollars

The very first time we came down, we grabbed a brochure from a rest stop and picked a place that looked like it was in or budget. It was Harrison Hall on 15th. We stayed there a few years then moved down closer to the activities. We started to stay at Rideau on 1st and boardwalk. We did a few years at Madison Beach(still stay there during sunfest) We usually vacationed with my mom, stepdad and younger siblings. So we liked to be close to the amusements. The last couple of trips we stayed at Oceanic at the bay and inlet. We don't go fancy just a place to shower and sleep! We rise early(even on vacation)!! My husband can't sit still and my kids like to do about 50 things at once so the closer we are to the action the better!! Maybe someday when they are gone and we are older we will go quieter, but I doubt it!! By then we will be vacationing with the grandkids!! haha

annie 79
    Sand Dollars

We love to enjoy many plces in OC. One of the places we go to regularly is the Embers. We also always do a tour of the Boardwalk and the many amusements they have to offer. There are so many things to do it's almost overwhelming for me to say we consider "this" our yearly spot. We do a large number of things every year.

OCBOUND
    Sand Dollars

Great post and since this will only be my second year I don't have much to add. Last year we stayed the Quality Inn and Suites, 3301 Atlantic Ave (Is that 33rd? I'm so new at this!). We stayed in the Penthouse which had beautiful views and two decks, one oceanfront and one bayside. We loved that aspect however we weren't thrilled about taking the bus the to boarwalk and with 6 children ranging from 1 to 15 we felt like we need to move to the boardwalk. This year we are staying in a condo at Oceans Mists. I will post my review when I have some things to compare.

I can say for sure we plan to visit OC every year for the foreseeable future as a family, we loved it and what great memories for the us to have. My nephew, who is almost 4, said to me the other day "Aunt Neen do you remember when we went to the beach" he's already excited.

Elios
    Sand Dollars

next year you guys should rent a condo way cheaper then a hotel for the week

Elios
    Sand Dollars

double post

Sand Dollars

I would like to add, one of the most relaxing spots on the boardwalk for me is at the inlet. Sitting there watching the water, the boats and the sea gulls. I could sit there all day if I didn't have to entertain my wife and children. I also enjoy going out on the end of the fishing pier off season and watching the ocean from that spot. We also make a few treks from our campsite to the Assateague Pedestrian bridge, has a great view and on a clear day, you can use the free telescopes to watch activities in OC.

Well that's as close to romantic as I can get on this subject. 3 days and counting until our vacation starts.