Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sand Dollars

Re: Your "Area" of Ocean City

I have been going to OC for about the last 25 years on a regular basis. I used to stay close to the "action" for the kids...but since the kids are long grown and gone...we prefer midtown. have to drive to boardwalk...but that is ok... like to drive up to Delaware... Used to stay back behind Jolly Rogers...that was a nice place.. Now we prefer closer to the Ocean..

tfunky14
    Sand Dollars

Well just got back from OC and can honestly say it will be condo for the rest of my like vacationing in OC. (unless its 3 days or less)

It was so nice to spread out and yes you have the feal of not having to rush off to the boardwalk. It was nice to cook breakfest, pack lunches for the beach and only pay for suppers. We really enjoyed our stay (Pyramid on 95), had a great time. The beach are was great and it was nice at evenings to sit and listen to the waves.

As I mention about over-all price between a condo or a hotel in previous post, it was about the same. We spent the same last year for a hotel for 5 days as we did this year for a condo for 5 days. It breaks just about even but the condo has the benifit of add space and comfort.

Sand Dollars

I usually stay in midtown, anywhere from 42nd to 94th St before you hit condo row. I like being in the center as it doesn't take take too long to get over 50th or down RT54. A little less crowed on beaches too.

Sand Dollars

Sand Dollars

When I was 18-25 with no kids 2nd street was home

When I meet my wife and had to find better places to stay around 60th street

Now that we have a small child I stay from 81st to 125th street.

I may buy a condo soon and just looking for a good deal on bay side.

Dali555
    Sand Dollars

My first post!

We don't actually stay in OC when we come down, but I am 39 and have been coming down to OC since I was 10! Now we come down with my parents and my wife and 2 children, 5 and 8 years old. We stay in Bethany and trek into OC at night, every night! My wife and I talk about moving down to the Millsboro area or Selbyville. I just can't take my kids away from my parents, so that might have to wait another 13 years when they are both out of the house..... But I LOVE it down there.... I will be there next week... Aug 6th to the 13th!

Sand Dollars

Sand Dollars

We have been lucky enough to stay in my sister-in-law's condo when we go to OC. 80th street and the ocean! Fantastic ... ocean and beach right there and in sight from the balcony. Hear the sounds of people chattering and seagulls calling during the day and at night the mezmerizing sound of the waves crashing onto the shore. I can't imagine staying in a hotel ever again (have in much younger years). Condo is always the best best - if rented from private owner -- cheaper than going through Realtor.

washcaps37
    Sand Dollars

Been coming to OC since I was about 6. My dad was a DC police officer with 2 kids back in the 60's so $$ were lean and OC was pretty much day trips or we would stay in small hotels outside of OC. Back then our area was inlet to about 6th st. Favorite places would include Jolly Rogers , the old haunted house, Thrasers and such. Usually brought a big picnic lunch and they use to have tables down by the inlet parking lot. We would have a blast !

Once I got out on my own usually stayed anywhere we could from about 2nd st up to 15th. The when I started taking my son we usually stayed at Plim, Harrison and then the Haven once it was built. About 5 yrs ago I bought into Boardwalk One down at 1st st and the boards . Places we tend to hang out is Purple Moose, Atlantic Stand, Trimpers and any place that sells fired Oero's =)

Will be leaving for OC next Saturday the 13th for 8 great days ! Can't wait.

theshaah
    Sand Dollars

My Aunt has owned a condo in OC since before I was born. So It was most usually Condo Row for me. I was at 112th st at High Point South. So I am a little partial to staying here since I enjoyed the 10th floor balcony and circular shape of the building and pool. Met a lot of girls, and friends this way from the balcony's and beachfront. Plus the Gold Coast Mall was right across the street.

Sometimes we'd stay with friends in West OC/Willards. The only caveat was we had to buy the toilet paper LOL. The son's and daughters of those friends who I still consider my friends to this day have been working for and now managing hotels for the Harrison group for many many years so I've been able to stay at places like.

The Oceanic at the Inlet.

The Harrison Hall

The Plim Plaza

The Quality Inn 16th st.

The Sandy Hill which unfortunately is no longer there where I stayed for my senior week even though I lived in Florida at the time.

The Stardust which became the ramada inn

and The Bestwestern Flagship.

And usually all for just the cost of taxes and a tip to the maid.

Truthfully I enjoyed my boardwalk stays....but I always longed for the relaxing vibe of sitting on my Aunt's Balcony at 112th St. watching the advertising planes fly by, the advertising boats cruise by, and the scores of beachgoers with their umbrellas.