Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Best Pizza in OC

I've always been a fan of Lombardi's, but I also have a bit of a nostalgia for years ago when it was Wolfie's. Used to like Tony's, but for the last few years it has not been very good and has been dirty whenever I have been there.

I stay around 65th Street, so I will have to try Pizza Mambos.

Sand Dollars

Lombardi's gets my vote, followed by The Dough Roller. I wouldn't say that Tony's is the worst but anymore to me the pizza just tastes bland / average at best. It's a shame too with it having a nice rooftop deck. Maybe they can swap locations with Lombardi's? =D>

Sand Dollars

I know this is a pizza thread, one I started at that. Pizza Mambo has a great pizza and they are serious about having the best pizza.

I just had their wings tonight. BEST WINGS EVER. They are large (sized 8-10 "Jumbo"), seasoned with a dry rub and always fresh. I think they are the best wings in town, seriously. I know it sounds like I work for them or something but I was impressed with their pizza and even more impressed with the wings. They are that good. Part of it is because the prices aren't out of control either, great value you get there.

Sand Dollars

I guess as far as OC Pizza goes, it has to be Dough Roller. We've tried Salvatores in West OC and both times, we hated it. I can't remember the place we ate at in the Outlet Malls but their pizza was delicious but it had more oil floating on it then Valdez Alaska. I'm not complaining, it was excellent pizza, but that always seems to be the complaint about Dough Roller Pizza.

Sand Dollars

It's funny to see a few people say they love Dough Roller pizza! For years I haven't heard one good thing about their pizza. We ate there once but got sandwiches, which were good. I think we had Pino's once when we were there. It was late night, like 1am. It was ok. I think it was kinda over-cooked, but not burned. I actually stay away from that stuff on vacation. Might have to try again. We like Tubby's for late night delivery!

Kwhit

=D> ...for Tubbys

Sand Dollars

Flaggerjohn, I believe you're referring to Moines in West OC.

I think Dough Roller is kinda hit or miss. I've had very good pizza from them, and at other times, very poor. That's why I tend to stick with Caruso's - they're more consisent.

I do enjoy a late night run to Tubby's. Never tried their pizza though.

Sand Dollars

I agree with you Kds.

Any time I've eaten the pizza at Dough Roller during the summer months, it has been so-so. But the times I've had it during the offseason, or during times when the restaurant isn't busy, I've noticed an improvement with their pizza. The busier they are, the worse their pizza gets.

Sand Dollars

I meant to type Mione's.

Sand Dollars

Although, if you go to the Dough Roller in the off-season, stick to the pizza. Last winter, I went there and ordered a steak sub. They actually used Steak 'Ums.