Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fairiedreams
    Sand Dollars

Ripley's Believe It Or Not???

Just wondering if anyone has been to the Ripley's Museum in Ocean City? We are thinking about going there while in Ocean City. Is it worth seeing or is it just another tourist trap?? I would appreciate any other recommendations for sightseeing adventures while we are there.

beachbum21984
    Sand Dollars
    i thought it was pretty cool we were then in june last year and visited it on a cloudy day they do have some pretty interesting stuff you would be suprised

roses4shelly
    Sand Dollars
    Last Aug I went there and my family had so much fun. I was traveling with a 12 and 17 year old and they found it to be very neat along with my husband and self. We plan on going back to ripleys again this year.

emilysmom04
    Sand Dollars

ripleys'

i havent been to the one down at the beach but i have gone to one in Atlantic City - verry neat! i bet the one down at the beach has the same sortof stuff too .. have a great summer!

Sand Dollars

We've been there twice

Once during the summer a few years ago and then this past October. We have enjoyed it both times there always seems to be something you miss or want to see again

Sand Dollars
    Ripley's is a great place to go on a rainy, or not so nice, day. Assateague Adventure is a good sightseeing option too. You might want to try the Lifesaving Museum on the Boardwalk as well. I've never gone in, but from what I've heard, it is worth seeing.

emilysmom04
    Sand Dollars

lifesaving museum?

never have heard about the lifesaving museum .. what kinds of things are there - stuff like fire safety and such?? sounds very interesting .. is it new?? havent been down the beach in a while now .. hopin to go down this summer sometime .. have a daughter whos now 1 ..

Sand Dollars
    The lifesaving museum is very neat. It's on the boardwalk at the inlet end. Kind of hard to miss. If you find the sharks in the glass cases, then you've found the museum. We found ourselves there one evening when we were tired of the boardwalk and decided to go inside. The first floor is a lot of OC's history with how it came to be, and tales and artifacts of shipwrecks around the OC coast. The second floor is really cool. There is all kind of things like old swim suits, and displays of what the boardwalk used to be, and lots of things you'll probably say that you had when you were a kid. It's only a couple bucks to go in, and well worth the stop. You'll enjoy it.

adam333
    Sand Dollars

ripleys

i went to ripleys 2 summers ago. It was a rainy day, and there wasn't much else to do. I thought it was DECENTLY interesting, but DEFINETELY not worth the money they charge you to get in. I believe it was $7-8, and it definetely wasn't worth that price.

emoXOutlaw
    Sand Dollars

its not worth it

rele its not worth it everything is plastic there.maybe some of it is real but still we had to [ay 20 when my family went.