PDA

View Full Version : Any pleseant hotels by Rt.50 inlet?

12-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi I know it's kind of early but hey,
My family of 5, including me are planning a trip to Ocean City June 26th which I think is a Saturday and returning June 27th in the afternoon, we usually enter through the Rt.50 inlet and wanted to know if anyone could let us know of any good hotels that are cheaply priced, nice accomodated,and with ocean views near their.
Thanks.

12-23-2003, 01:59 PM
One last question can any of the hotels by the Rt.50 inlet accomodate one room for us 5 and allow two cars in the garage?

Thanks again!

wannabeinOC
03-20-2004, 06:39 PM
the inlet area is rather sketchy...the deep inlet that is. i personally havent stayed in the heart of it but have walked through many times. my first recommendation is the talbot inn, it's bayfront, however, not oceanfront, but mr ducks is right on the premises so that may be a plus for you. the haven hotel on 1st street was just renovated, its on the boardwalk so it might be really expensive...but any hotel on the boards is gonna be pricey. my last recommendations are the park place hotel and hotel monte carlo on 2nd and 3rd streets(?). they're newer, and their rates can be reasonable. if those don't work out for you, i suggest a condo in the downtown area, those have great views and are in great locations. hope i could help!

BAS LPN
06-02-2004, 06:08 PM
You might want to think about either the Oceanic which is right there at the inlet or if you want to stay in West OC not too far from the Commercial harbor, try the Francis Scott key. They have nice little cottages, big rooms, a fantastic restaraunt and lots of parking.

nlfissel
06-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Be cautious about the Oceanic. If you would like a condo, check out the White Marlin or the Assateague House, both on bayside near the inlet. The Oceanic has not receieved good reviews on this site, if you go to their website, they don't even show what a room looks like, which is not a good sign.

wannabeinOC
06-03-2004, 05:44 PM
try the talbot inn, it's right off the rt. 50 bridge. if you look at their website they show rooms, and i think most of them are efficiencies. however, mr ducks is right on the premises so if you have kids you might not like that environment. otherwise i think it's the best hotel you'll find in that area.

jane marsh
06-24-2004, 02:29 PM
I stayed at the oceanic a few years ago. Avoid it at all costs. Rooms were filthy and no curtains on windows, just blinds. Tiny bathroom and furniture was shabby and rundown. Bloody fly specks on the walls and it smelled like throw up in one room. This is not an exaggeration.