PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Plaza

Debi Taylor
08-06-2003, 04:15 PM
I have booked a weekend getaway for my boyfriend at the Paradise Plaza Hotel for his birthday. Wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and could give me a little insight as to their overall opinion on this hotel. Will be going the first weekend in October. The rates for that weekend were reasonable in comparison to some other hotels I checked into. I went to their website and it appears to be clean and well maintained, but not the same as hearing from anyone who has stayed their recently. Thanks

08-07-2003, 03:51 AM
Debi, I have stayed at Paradise Plaza many times, if you don't mind no indoor pool that's ok, the hotel is clean, the staff is friendly. The only complaint is the elevator. SLOW, and you can only access the rest. thru one of the two elevators. Ocean front view is the best. Hope you have a great time, Cathy

Debi Taylor
08-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Debi T:
I have booked a weekend getaway for my boyfriend at the Paradise Plaza Hotel for his birthday. Wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and could give me a little insight as to their overall opinion on this hotel. Will be going the first weekend in October. The rates for that weekend were reasonable in comparison to some other hotels I checked into. I went to their website and it appears to be clean and well maintained, but not the same as hearing from anyone who has stayed their recently. ThanksThanks CathyK. It will be off season so an indoor pool really is not important, I am more concerned about cleanliness. Elevators not an issue, walking is good exercise. Thanks again

jlking
08-17-2003, 07:36 AM
My daughter and I stayed at the Paradise Plaza last Labor Day (2002) and we had an ocean front room. Liked the place except our air conditioner made alot of noise. It was expensive but it was a holiday weekend. We usually stay on 94th street oceanfront condo and this was the first time we stayed on the boardwalk. we liked this place. They also have on site security.

08-25-2003, 08:52 AM
I loved staying in the suites. Room 602 is the best. The veranda is more than you could desire. However, the room service has gone down hill. This year I stayed there during Senior Week (no - I am not a senior) and they only had one housekeeper working. Our rooms were not done until as late as 6:00 P.M. AWe also had 2 firedrills, both at 2:00 A.M. One thing that is wonderful though is the Alaska Stand located underneath the hotel. Also there is a lot of crowds in the evening on the boardwalk in front of the hotel. The crowds make for great entertainment while sitting on your balcony. I hope your room service is better. Make sure you get your champagne and wine glasses with you dinner vouchers. Also don't forget your movies. B.J.s on the water was were I ate. It was WONDERFUL!

C-Boz

Debi Taylor
10-08-2003, 05:44 AM
Just to let everyone know that my experience with Paradise Plaza was wonderful! Had a beautiful room oceanfront with jacuzzi! They did not miss a beat, everything they said they had was in the room. I did the weekend getaway package and it was worth it!!!! (Went weekend of 10/3 to 10/5). Staff was friendly, personable, and helpful. I loved this place and would stay again. We were close to everything within walking distance, the weather was great, and corvette weekend to top it all! I cannot wait to go back. DebiT