PDA

View Full Version : Americana..How was it?

08-01-2003, 06:59 AM
I did a search on these boards and found mixed reviews about the Americana from last year.

Unfortunately, this is kind of a spur of the moment trip and they were one of the only reasonably priced places on the boardwalk that had an opening for mid august. So I laid down a deposit and THAN I found these boards LOL

So has anyone been there this year and if so what was your experience? Also I am a lil concerned about how "little" the indoor pool actually is and if its so little how crowded it is during Mid August?

Finally, How big is the fridge? Are we talking full size or just big enough for a few sodas?

Thank all for your help! Anything you can share would be very helpfull http://forum.maryland.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

08-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Friends of mine are down there now I just returned. I didn't stay there but did visit them in their room. The fridge is about 3 foot tall. The room looked very nice so did the bathroom (clean). Sorry I didn't see the indoor pool but my friends sons (7 and 9) had a ball in it. Hope this helps

Danei5
08-04-2003, 10:49 AM
We stayed at this hotel last year despite all of the bad reviews. My husband and I and our two small children had no major complaints. In fact, we have booked it again for this year in September. The indoor pool is small, meaning it would be crowded with about 10 adults in it, but every evening when we came back from the boards, we swam in it, and had it to ourselves all but one night. The rooms are nice size, and the view is great from the side. The fridge was small, about 3 feet, but it served it's purpose. The microwave was also nice to have. One tip, don't forget your own silverware, cups, and bowls, as these are not provided, but we enjoyed this hotel very much for the price, and look forward to visiting again this year.

08-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Our family stayed here in the past year and found it to be a nice quiet place to stay. The rooms are a nice size for the price you pay and the pool is a nice size for children and kids. The refigerator is about 3 feet tall.the room was a little dark even with all the lights on. All and all we had a nice trip with the family with 2 children. IT IS RECOMMENDED FOR FAMILYS WITH SMALL CHILDREN!!!

Danei5
09-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Just got back from a week at the Americana, and we will definitely be staying there again next year. This was our second year at this hotel, and We have no complaints at all. The location is great. We had the indoor pool to ourselves most of the time, and the maid service was very thorough and courteous. We paid $70 a night which was well worth it. This is the perfect hotel for a family on a budget. The check-in time is 3:00, but we have never had to wait that long. We checked in at 1:00, and could have done it earlier had we chosen to do so. My brother came down Monday, and he was able to check in at 10:00 a.m. I've been in a lot of hotels in OC, and this is the first that I've stayed in that has allowed early check-in with no extra fees or fuss. Definitely a great hotel for the price!!

Danei5
09-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Forgot to mention that we were there for 2 nights of Bike week, and although we could hear all the noise from our balcony, once you shut the door, you could barely hear a thing!!