PDA

View Full Version : Commander Hotel

07-28-2003, 07:04 AM
I just got back from a 3 night stay & I wasn't impressed. First of all, the hotel could use a good cleaning. The carpet & floors in our room were dirty, there was hair & dirt under the sink, behind the door, etc... The toilet seat was the cheapest kind available - a little plastic ring that kept slipping & I'm not even a large person!
The beds were doubles & they were not very comfortable. The worst was the pillows. They were thick pillow with no give! I ended up with a sore neck each morning, ugh!!! I hated sleeping with my head 3-4 inches off the bed.
The pools were okay. The indoor pool was very small, maybe 15' x 15'. The outdoor pool was nice but it closed at 6:00pm every day!
Location wise this hotel was in a good spot, but I would definitely not stay here again. For $249 a night & $269 a night on weekends, I felt we OVERPAID by a bundle & would never compromise my budget this way again. There are nicer hotels to stay at if you want to spend the big bucks. I recommend the Dunes Manor, Quality Inn, and the Holiday Inn. All are on the ocean and I checked them out & they were definitely nicer. Also try the Bonita Bay Hotel, very new & clean.
I booked at the Commander based on website opinions & I think some of them were way off, especially in the cleanliness department. Trust me, stay somewhere else.