PDA

View Full Version : Location and price of nice hotels

Magenntta
07-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi,
I have been reading this message board only this year, but my family and I vacation for 2 weeks each year in Ocean City. We have been going for 20 years. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that you don't have to go up past the boardwalk at 28th street in order to find clean quiet rooms. If you go back towards the bayside, it is quiet, much much less expensive, and you have a few blocks walk to the beach and boardwalk amusements instead of a long haul from the northern end. We stay in a one room apartment that is very nice, managed by Ocean Manor on Wicomico Street, called "Elliot's Apts". They also have a 3 bedroom unit and a 4 bedroom, as well as a house for rent. Some of the best apartments are not listed or named in the travel brochures. You have to come across them by accident or by walking or looking, or talking to some hotel owners who rent local entire houses or apartments on the side. Anyway we have found a lot of these places which are one, two, or three blocks back, and go for $500 to $700 a week, with full kitchens and baths, bedrooms, large livingrooms, cable tv, ac, dvd player, etc, and are comfortable and clean. Just a suggestion for those who are cost conscious and have a family.

Debbi

bigdaddysones
07-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Debbi,

Exactly where are these apartments located?

bigdaddysones