PDA

View Full Version : Francis Scott Key Motel

07-16-2003, 06:25 AM
How is the Francis Scott Key? Has anyone had recent experience there? Is it clean and how is the surrounding neighborhood? Any info "soon" would be appreciated.

cntrlfreak
07-17-2003, 05:32 AM
I have never stayed here first hand, but others that I have talked to haven't cared for it. Their room was older and needed to be remodeled. If you were to stay here, you would need to drive to the beach & boardwalk. FSKM is on rt. 50, so walking would be out of the question. As far as savings, they may be a little cheaper than "in town" motels, but not by much.

07-17-2003, 08:59 PM
http://forum.maryland.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif Thanks for the input - that was kind-of my impression too but I only read one comment on the board from 2002. Anyone else?

07-20-2003, 06:11 AM
I would like to respond to the question about the Francis Scott Key Motel. I find it interesting that someone can give information about a Motel where they have never stayed. As the owner of the Francis Scott Key I would like to give some info. Yes, our Motel was built in the late 1950's but we added new additions in 1986, 1989, 1993 and 1997. We do not have any furniture, carpet ect that is older then 4 years. We have two swimming pools, playground (new 2003), basketball court, beach volleyball, an outdoor hot tub, arcade (new 2003), convenience store (new 2003) and a shuttle bus (free) to the beach every 3 hours from 10am to 10pm. The walking distance is 1 mile and we are also located next to the Ocean City Park and Ride which is $1 all day into Ocean City. We also have one of the best restaurants (Marlin Moon) in Ocean City located here at the Francis Scott Key Motel. We have 14 acres and we are a clean, family based affordable Motel. I am proud to say we have a large percentage of our guests that stay here year after year. As far as our rates are concerned we are usually about 50% cheaper then in town during prime season. I hope you have an enjoyable Ocean City experience wherever you choose to stay.

Annemarie Dickerson

08-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Sorry, I have to interject. I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once when I was a teen about 15 years ago and again about 3 years ago.
I was honestly very disappointed with the accomendations on our last trip. The place does need a serious remodel. The rooms were dingy..quality of a Super 8.
However, if you are looking for economy, that is the place to go. I would rate it 1 star, 2 max.
Just my opinion. http://forum.maryland.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

08-06-2003, 03:56 PM
We camp on Asseteaque island every summer, last year I packed up two days early and stayed at the Frances Scott Key, We were very pleased! There were 2 pools ,a Jacuzzi,a laundry and I was even served a pinacolada poolside! My children wanted to do some school shopping and the outlets were just across the street. All this and in the evening we were close enough to toast marshmallows on my sister's camp fire at the island. I wish I could afford to stay there every year. The room was clean with a kitchenette well stocked, friendly employees.