PDA

View Full Version : Tidelands Caribbean on 5th street

Mom9702
08-07-2002, 09:12 AM
Has anyone ever stayed here before? We're going with a group of friends soon and were wondering what to expect.

08-10-2002, 04:42 AM
We stayed there several years ago, when it first opened. I wouldn't stay there again. There is only one elevator which is excruciatingly slow not to mention small. Also, the floors of the rooms are all tile...no carpet anywhere -- not the greatest idea at the beach. No matter how hard you try not to, you will bring sand back with you to the room and it feels awful to walk around on, especially before getting into bed. We ended laying towels down on the sides of the bed just to wipe our feet on before getting in.

Liked the location and at the time it was new and the only big hotel down that far. If you like staying down in the middle of the boardwalk action, try the Comfort Inn Boardwalk on 5th. It was reasonably priced and a nice, clean place. Actually, there are quite a few new places now but I haven't been to them to recommend.

Mom9702
09-05-2002, 05:21 AM
Just returned from OC ( and ready to go back already!) Our stay at this hotel was pretty nice.
The floors were all tile so you needed to wear something on your feet all the time or you had a sandy bed! We stayed in a 2 room king suite. The beds were huge! We had plenty of space for the 2 families with kids that stayed. Nice housecleaner, very polite when asking when we'd leave so she could clean the room. Huge tub and shower it fit even the tallest of us all! The only bad thing was the weather and the fire alarm at 2 am. on Friday set off by some idiot coming back from the bars!

10-22-2002, 04:10 AM
The last time I stayed at the Tidelands Caribbean was Oct.2,1999. It wasn't the first time but it was the last. The place was absolutely filthy. Mold on ceiling in the area where you sleep, everything in the bathroom covered in it. The fixtures were falling off the wall in the bathroom. Bed linens smelled awful. I nightly visit to the bathroom revealed the place had roaches. The tv had wax all over it. They charged us $95.00 for this dump. They gave us another room the next day that was slightly better but we were really mad about the conditions of this hotel. Even reported them to the Chamber of Commerce. Ocean City doesn't have any set standards for hotel rooms. Hint.... always asked to see a room in OC before paying, lots of hotels start out nice and then the staff lets them run down.

01-28-2003, 10:49 AM
I would not recommend the Tidelands. Take it from me, I lived very close to this hotel for a summer. And a friend of mine worked at the hotel. The previous comment about the cockroaches....they are right!!!! Also, they do not change the sheets after someone checks out of the room. If there are not stains on the sheets....they just leave them on!!! In general, I would say that this place is far from cleanly.