PDA

View Full Version : Echooo, Echooo, Echoooooooooo

KirkTheJerk
08-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Hello, anyone still here? Almost a week since anything has been posted here and its peak season...

bar2008
08-05-2013, 10:04 AM
still here

Seashell
08-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm still here. Counting down the days until we leave. I tried going to the Trip Advisor Forum, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

kdog2
08-06-2013, 06:02 AM
I check in everyday,and get the same echoooo

KirkTheJerk
08-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Yea I have a trip coming up over Labor day.

Britt4duke
08-06-2013, 11:26 AM
It is slow in here, which has concerned me, but Trip Advisor is slow too. Just not a whole lot new going on anymore. Ever since they changed the format of this site, traffic has ground to a slow halt. We need some new blood in here and we need to revive some old forum discussions.

Seashell
08-06-2013, 11:55 AM
...... does this mean I can start talking about Cap'n Crunch French Toast again? ;)

kdog2
08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
want me to get the ball a rolling? Just where is Hapnstance(my buddy)?

highball
08-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Yea bring back Hap or your other buddy JoeMac.......then this forum will get rolling again..... Frankly I think it's the new site!!!

bar2008
08-06-2013, 09:41 PM
want me to get the ball a rolling? Just where is Hapnstance(my buddy)?

bite your tongue

DeanM
08-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Ask not what your forum has done for you --- but what YOU have done for your forum!

....in other words I think some of the problem here is people have gotten lazy, look at the number of views per thread, then look at the number of replies - pathetic!
People are READING, they're just not posting *shrug* maybe we're ALL a lil guilty of this lately???

Britt4duke
08-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I forgot about Hap!! I would rather have silence in here than a Hap return. I liked Hap's insight on numerous OC issues. I just didn't like his endless attacks and critiques on what everyone else wrote. He really killed this site for a long time. I know several of my friends that left this site for good because of him.

admin
08-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Traffic to the forums in the past 30 days is almost triple what it was in the same period last year, the site is doing very well since we re-launched it. On average there are more than 1,000 page views on the forum every single day. So it definitely isn't an issue of a lack of visitors, just too many lurkers like Dean was saying. We were thinking that maybe people didn't want to bother signing up, so we tried adding the Facebook Connect to make it easier to get going, but that hasn't seemed to help.

If anyone has any suggestions for how we can encourage more interaction please let us know. I think Dean may be right again and that people just need to start talking. Perhaps everyone is waiting for someone else to get the conversation going, so nothing gets said. Trip Advisor is just as slow on the posting side, but at least here you can earn Sand Dollars for posting and exchange them for gift cards to restaurants :)

It's going to take some effort on everyone's part to get this forum rolling again, but I think we all want it to be more active like it used to be. Again, if there's anything we can do to help it along please let us know.

-Michael

kdog2
08-07-2013, 02:57 PM
bite your tongue

I bit my tongue when I typed it!!!

Z06RL
08-07-2013, 06:36 PM
I pop in once a week or so, but there's not much to comment on.

Bob Hall
08-07-2013, 09:33 PM
but there's not much to comment on.

I keep my comments to a minimum lately because I haven't been to OC in a long time and I'm not sure when I'll be able to make it back So most of my opinions will be irrelevant. If I don't have to work the Sunday during Endless Summer Crusin I might make a long day of it and drive my car down early that Saturday morning and leave late at night. That's about the only prospect I have.

brianpa
08-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Hap did have some good insights on different subjects. We had some good banter, but boy did it get crazy in the end. Same with the cowboys,crabcake,philly,movie star folks. I never could keep track of who was who or pretending to be who, but still some good info time to time. And I always love some football banter. This time next week we will be just getting to OC. I will post about our trip when we get back.

pavisitor
08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Am still hoping to get down this year but may not be until the fall but will have to see.

Seashell
08-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm sure he's hiding somewhere with voodoo dolls of all of us!

But I do have a have a question or two I've wanted to talk about. I'll go start a thread...

DeanM
08-08-2013, 04:34 PM
There's a multitude of different factors here, but in my opinion this forum is STILL recovering from the days when people were afraid to post for fear of having someone read them the riot act, because the answer was too obvious, or the question was asked once before. As Britt said, this board lost a lot of valued member over that nonsense.

People need to feel welcome to post and ask questions - plain and simple.

I honestly think if we all get back into a habit of not only regularly checking this board, but ALSO actively posting in it, we can turn it around, matter of fact I think it's already working, and this thread has been a direct catalyst for the increase in recent activity.

Things seem to finally be going in the right direction, I think we just need to keep it up!

Britt4duke
08-08-2013, 08:48 PM
I agree DeanM. I think if we vets start posting, more people will respond. Who cares if we post topics that have been discussed before. Let's get this thing moving!!

Admin, my suggestion for you would be to post status updates on Facebook and send out tweets on Twitter. If we members reply to your status updates or retweet your tweets, things could get circulated quickly. I don't know if you have a specific Facebook page for the Oceancity.com Forum, but if you create one, I'll friend it in a heartbeat to spread the word.