PDA

View Full Version : Rollcall!

kdog2
05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
seems to be very slow here,and some people are wondering if logging on could be a problem.So,everyone needs to check in so we can see if you are able to get here,or if the board is just slow.Well you know I'm here......kdog 2 checking in from Charles Town West Virginia...(gods country).

bar2008
05-16-2013, 03:06 PM
accounted for from new freedom, pa

pavisitor
05-16-2013, 03:16 PM
No problems now all good from Breinigsville Pa.

flaggerjohn
05-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Good here from Flagger John in Summit Point, WV just down the road from K Dog.

Bob Hall
05-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Checking in from tourist trap Gettysburg, PA. Surprised I haven't seen any complaining...err I mean posts about Cruisin Ocean City right now.

pavisitor
05-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Usually head out to Gettysburg a couple of time during the summer on photo trips but going to avoid it this year Bob. Can usually deal with the tourist but have a feeling with it being 150 years it is going to be nuts. Will leave my Civil War Interests to going to Fort Delaware tomorrow.

Seashell
05-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Where's lbo, Dean and Z??

kdog2
05-17-2013, 03:04 PM
now that's a good ?

DeanM
05-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Dean is here (no problems) I've just been extremely busy - took a cruise in April, and one of my sons just graduated from the U.S. Coast Guard Basic Training, so we took ANOTHER trip up to Cape May, for the ceremony.

Not only have I been busy, but I'm not sure if we'll be making our usual July trip this year - We bought a puppy 2 weeks ago, and not sure how I feel about kenneling a dog that young....

Seashell
05-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Come past Carlisle and I will puppy sit. It will be very well taken care of!

Bob Hall
05-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Usually head out to Gettysburg a couple of time during the summer on photo trips but going to avoid it this year Bob. Can usually deal with the tourist but have a feeling with it being 150 years it is going to be nuts. Will leave my Civil War Interests to going to Fort Delaware tomorrow.

Yeah, it's going to be nuts here. There will be 2 reenactments on back to back weekends. One of them is going to be a wannabe one put on by "hardcore" reenactors that is going to end up burning alot of bridges in the area because they won't have the revenue generated to pay for all the logistics they need. Then the other is the real deal during the weekend of the anniversary. Then the weekend after that is Bike week with hair band concerts and that same weekend is also a 2 day country music concert held at another place. I wish I didn't live here, lol.

Bob Hall
05-17-2013, 09:07 PM

It's possible that Z might be in town for Cruisin' O.C.

Britt4duke
05-17-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm here, Altoona, PA

DeanM
05-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Come past Carlisle and I will puppy sit. It will be very well taken care of!

Funny you say that, we actually bought her from a breeder right down the road from you in Chambersburg.

pavisitor
05-18-2013, 09:34 PM
I know what you mean grew up in New York City and when ever there was event I got out.

Yeah, it's going to be nuts here. There will be 2 reenactments on back to back weekends. One of them is going to be a wannabe one put on by "hardcore" reenactors that is going to end up burning alot of bridges in the area because they won't have the revenue generated to pay for all the logistics they need. Then the other is the real deal during the weekend of the anniversary. Then the weekend after that is Bike week with hair band concerts and that same weekend is also a 2 day country music concert held at another place. I wish I didn't live here, lol.

Z06RL
05-18-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm still here. I don't come on much because since the switch to the new format, my old computer can't handle it and it takes me 10 minutes between each post. I like to be able to type and post and move on to the next one.. But I'm still here.

Seashell
05-19-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm still here. I don't come on much because since the switch to the new format, my old computer can't handle it and it takes me 10 minutes between each post. I like to be able to type and post and move on to the next one.. But I'm still here.

I agree, the new format is attractive, but I don't find it as user friendly. I've noticed in the past day or two that it keeps logging me out every time I click on a new thread. I even had to log back on to reply to this.

OCGuy
05-21-2013, 12:21 PM
OCGuy here - Thinking about rebuilding the OC History books thread that got screwed up in the migration to the new format last year.

kdog2
05-21-2013, 12:37 PM
OCGuy here - Thinking about rebuilding the OC History books thread that got screwed up in the migration to the new format last year.

that would be very cool!!!:cool:

brianpa
05-21-2013, 12:51 PM
We are looking forward to our trip in August. Lots going on this year. I think this is going to be a busy year in OC. I have an Aunt that recently tried to book the same week as us in August. She couldn't find a room at the plaza or anywhere else nearby.

brianpa

Wow tried to post that yesterday and it wouldn't go through. It wanted me to refresh the page and log in again. I was already logged in at the time. Crazy.

seagirl
05-23-2013, 11:16 AM
I am here from Selinsgrove, PA. I must say I had problems back in the winter and early spring with everything taking forever to load. I now get on using the same computer but I get onto the internet using another method and the site is working wonderfully for me.

terri k
05-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone...Checking in from Medford, NJ..Will be going to OCMD on Friday for a week! Hope we can keep this warm weather going thru out the week! Traveled to Myrtle Beach last month and it was cold, windy and raining..a little tired of this awful weather!

KirkTheJerk
05-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Still lurking the threads from Mechanicsburg, PA. Dean where did you get your puppy, I grew up right outside Chambersburg in St.Thomas. Sorry I have not been around, I just got back from Disney. I have also been studying for the CPA exam and have not had a whole lot of free time.

OC_Melanie
06-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Still here from Martinsburg, WV, just don't come here as often since the update, I think I just got out of the habit during the change over.

Seashell
06-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Funny you say that, we actually bought her from a breeder right down the road from you in Chambersburg.

I work in Chambersburg! I'm not kidding though. If you need someone to puppysit, let me know. I can spoil it along with my 2 dogs. No problem! Nothing against boarding in kennels, I just think it's too stressful for a lot of dogs.

DeanM
06-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Kirk, I'm not real familiar w/ Chambersburg at all, but from the turnpike it was about 11 miles down 997 - if that means anything to you?

Seashell, I know you're not kidding, and it's very generous offer -Thank you! :) We are on a fence every day on what we should do concerning our usual July vacation, I'm actually thinking of starting a thread explaining the situation in detail, and maybe pick all of our forum friend's brains on the whole thing.