PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Opinions ...please !!!

DANNY
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
We will going to O.C. for our yearly vacation and I need all of your help please...I need your votes for either J.R's or Nick's for ribs...we always plan for our nights we dine out...the first night we have a crab feast...I have a friend who runs a boat rental place on the WYE river and every year he gets me a bushel of real "JUMBO'S"...I take some fresh corn,tomatos,squash and cantaloupe from ny garden(kinda hard to top that)...the next night planned will be Coins for steak,then Aldolfo's for italian,breakfast at Bayside skillet or Generals kitchen if we want pancakes with it(we liked Weitzel's but I heard they closed)...and another night we want RIBS!!! and thats why I need your help...Nick's or J.R"S...Thanks for all of your opinions !!!

milpool
06-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Nicks.

That is all.

nlfissel
06-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Danny - I have never eaten at JRs, although I have eaten at Nick's, but never ate ribs there, I get their crab cakes - I just do not like to get beef in OC when there is so much good seafood! My wife had ribs at Nick's which she thought were very good. I believe there were previous postings here sometime last year that most preferred Nick's over JRs.

JustBeachy`
06-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Nick's----always delicious!

ziptrip125
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
I've had ribs at both Jr's and Nick's.

Nick's is MUCH better.

ravenman
06-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Nick's by far!

I ate at JR's a few years back and was very disappointed. Maybe they've improved since then but Nick's has been very good to me so I'll stick with them for ribs. Also try their ribs and chicken combo, you won't be disappointed. My wife likes their steak as well. You mentioned Weitzel's in your post. I was disappointed when they closed down.

ToastyBoy
06-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Nick's!!!!!!

crowtoo
06-14-2006, 09:44 AM
OK, I'm going to have to be the dissenter here. There is one in every crowd I guess. :p I'd say JR's is the better choice, from my experience last year.

I hadn't been to OC in perhaps 15 years and had never been to Nick's before but I had eaten at JR's. I went with my girlfriend and her 2 kids. I had heard MANY people rave about Nick's and their ribs so we decided to have our own taste-test between the two. We ate dinner at both places during our week in OC. What follows is our humble opinion of both places.

I thought the ribs tasted better at JR's. I really liked the flavor of their BBQ sauce. My girlfriend had the filet mignon at both places, cooked the same way (medium) and she thought that while the filet at Nicks was good, she said the one she had at JR's was definitely tastier. Not that there was anything wrong with the one she got at Nick's. We also had the onion loaf at both places and once again we all really preferred the onion loaf at JR's. I didn't care much for the one at Nicks because they use much larger slices of onion than JR's but that wasn't an issue with everyone else as much as it was with me. The batter at JR's had a better taste to us.

Now to be honest, the ribs were definitely more tender and fell right off the bone at Nicks, I just thought the taste was better at JR's. Nicks definitely has better atmosphere though. All-in-all Nicks was a very good experience for us but we all thought that JR's won our personal taste test. We went to the old JR's right by the Rt. 90 bridge and not the newer one uptown. I don't know if there is any difference in the food but I would imagine the one uptown has a better atmosphere.

Once again this is just our experiences, your mileage may vary. :D

I would however be interested in hearing your own opinions after your trip. Please post them here if you get the chance.

Chris
crowtoo@earthlink.net

Check722
06-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Danny,

If you want ribs, your answer is Nick's, Nick's, and oh yeah, Nick's. Trust me, we go every year. And, if I could only eat at one place in OC, it would be at Nick's.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

psalm
06-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Love em both! (I know....no help)

OC4Life
06-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Nick's!!!!!!!!

Bulwer
08-30-2006, 09:19 PM
...are you trying to say you like Nicks???? :)

OCtheBeach.com
08-30-2006, 10:10 PM
We have had good ribs at JR's and we have had bad ribs at JR's. We have had good ribs at Nick's and have ALWAYS had good ribs at Nick's.

So, if you like to gamble, either go to JR's or Atlantic City.

If you want a sure thing, go to Nick's.
:D