PDA

View Full Version : best seafood restaurant (non buffet) ?

chewie3
07-18-2005, 10:42 AM
We will be visting ocean city soon and I was wondering what the best seafood restaurant that doesnt have ayce crabs etc...some place that has great seafood dinners and combo platters etc.. and is reasonably priced ...

nlfissel
07-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I would recommend Phillips by the Sea, located in the Phillips Beach Plaza Hotel on the boardwalk. This Phillips restaurant is totally different from the Phillips Crab House & Seafood Houses. It is not nearly as big, no AYCE buffet, and the overall quality is much better. The restaurant is elegant, yet there is no need to be dressed up to go, I would suggest that the only things "too casual" for the restaurant are hats, tank tops, possibly jean shorts (cutoffs definately are a no). The atmosphere is very nice. The best seafood restaurant in town was the Captain's Table, but since the Santa Maria has been demolished, it was too for this summer - it will reopen in 2006 I believe in the new Miramar Condo complex.

This year, since our Captain's Table was gone, we decided to give Nick's House of Ribs in North OC a try. I had heard good things about their crab cakes and my fiancee loves ribs, so we ended up there one evening. Overall, I would say their crab cakes were very good (but not the best I ever had). The coating on the outside was the most flavorful I have ever had (I'm not sure what it was, but was for sure a blend of some spices I suppose). The seafood menu had only a few items, but there were also some good seafood & meat choices as well.

BALTOBOB
07-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Captain's Galley in West OC.
Crabcakes,etc upstairs in lounge.
Full dinners downstairs.

evildiva
07-18-2005, 11:46 AM
I agree, Captains Galley in West OC. They have great dinners and our kids love too!

mmcginnity_99
07-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Captains Galley is a good bet.

You might want to give Harrison's Harbor Watch a try. They have really good fish, prepared in a variety of ways. The fish are not listed on their on-line menu though. They give you an insert with the menu at the restaurant that lists the fresh catches of the day.

Marlin Moon Grille is also very good. We tried it for the first time last year, and everything we had was top-notch. We're definitely going back!

http://www.ocmdhotels.com/harborwatch/

http://www.marlinmoongrille.com/

Jdo_224
07-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Yes... Phillips
Great ccrabs
And Awesomee
seafood
=] :D

ErinMC3
07-08-2006, 06:24 PM
I happen to LOVE Harrison's Harbor Watch. The shrimp scampi is THE BEST!! I know that some have posted some not so good reviews about Harrison's but I can honestly say that I have never had a problem when we've gone there. Food is always GOOD and hot, staff is always great.

brianpa
07-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Count me in as one who thinks all the Phillip's are over rated. When I first started going to OC with my parents in the late 70's they were very good. My father still loves the boardwalk location.

Since my family and I have been going down we have tried different places. The Captain's Table was one of our favorites as was the Hobbit. Well so much for them.

The original poster was looking for great seafood at a good price look no further than Coin's. Early bird specials and happy hour specials are down right cheap. The steaks and crab cakes are out of this world. Smitty McGee's is casual, but very good crab stuffed oysters and other dishes.

As far as the best at any price Gallaxy bar.

brianpa

chewie3
02-28-2007, 02:25 PM
visiting in summer of 07...what are the best seafood restaurants(non buffet) for 2007?

Beth'sOC
03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I think I already responded to this but I am not sure. So just in case:

Fager's has great gormet type seafood. Harpoon Hanna's and BJ's on the water do a great job as well.

Although my favorite is definally BJ's on the Water! Their stuffed flounder is to die for. And their tuna isnt half bad too!

OCtheBeach.com
03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Count me in as one who thinks all the Phillip's are over rated...
I'll second that motion. :D

Actually, table service in their restaurants is pretty good. But, their buffet locations are mediocre, at best. :eek:

russ498
04-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Try DeFibo's on Rt #26 west of Betheny. Absolutely fabulous food, prepared with the best ingredients. On Monday's they have $18 specials with a glass of wine, salad, entree and desert. This is true gourmet cooking.

I think the bulk of seafood places in the OC area have a competition to see who can reheat Sysco frozen food the best.

ocbiz
05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I really like the Cottage Cafe in Bethany. Well worth the 15 minute ride from OC. Also, you can't go wrong with Capitan Galley or Harrison's Harbor Watch.

flaggerjohn
05-29-2007, 12:25 AM
May I recommend the Assateague Crab House. It's a hike from OC. It is on Route 611 just before the Assateague State Park. Basic food. If I remember from last year, it ran about $25 / person for the all you can eat crabs, shrimp, chicken and corn on the cob. It's nothing fancy but the service is great and it is a locally owned / family run type of business. When your done, take a stroll down to the park if it is before dark. Take a walk over the pedestrian bridge and enjoy the beautiful view.

We'll be there this July 18th for my wife's birthday, it's becoming an annual event for us now.