PDA

View Full Version : How is the Plim Plaza?

lindsay
07-27-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm staying at the Plim Plaza in a poolview room. Does anyone have any thoughts/views/suggestions about this place? What are the positives? Is there any good restaurants/shops near it? thanks

shanon2
07-29-2004, 07:39 AM
The Plim is located on the Boardwalk so there are plenty of good stores and resturants near by. I have never stayed there myself but a friend of mine has and she said it is nice, is a little run down but for the price a great place to stay. They returned again this year and stayed at the Plim again. They have a nice poolside grill that she said has really good food.

Penny
08-03-2004, 09:18 AM
I just got back from a week's stay at the Plim Plaza...and was extremely disappointed. The hotel is rundown and needs some serious updating. The room we had had no shower curtain and the bathroom door didn't close all the way. Actually my husband and I both got locked in the bathroom in an effort to try and close it properly. You can see white caulking all over the bathroom where they have tried to patch up leaks, etc. The refrigerator in our room didn't close properly (the rubber seal was hanging off). The television was about 30 years old...a 19" screen with no remote control. Their customer service was extremely lacking and the housekeeping staff was less than friendly. I will say the pool and jacuzzi is nice and so is the bar/grill (although the service kind of stunk) but that is about all the positive I can say. I wouldn't recommend eating at the Paul Revere Smorgasbord either..the food was terrible and some friends of ours got really sick. They sat us near the garbage bins in the back when there were plenty of table space elsewhere because of waitress tips! I would recommend Shenanigans or Melvins for dinner. Also the Salty Dog on Coastal Highway. I will not stay at the Plim Plaza next year...we will be staying at the Carousel. We actually went there and checked it out..and its a nice place! Anyways, good luck with your stay at Plim Plaza...maybe your experience will be better!

Penny

Penny
08-03-2004, 09:20 AM
There is lots of great shopping on the boardwalk!!! My daughter and I went crazy! Love it!

Penny