The Town of Ocean City officials are preparing for moderate flooding over the next two high tide cycles, on both the oceanside and bayside. High tide on the oceanside will occur at 7:26 p.m. this evening and again at 7:58 a.m. tomorrow morning. The bayside reaches high tide approximately two hours after the ocean, which will be approximately 9:26 p.m. tonight and 9:58 a.m. tomorrow morning.
With strong, sustained winds reaching 35 mph and gusts nearing 60 mph, the effects of the coastal storm system will continue through the morning hours tomorrow, January 24. Rain and potential snow are also expected, which will result in moderate flooding when combined with the storm and tidal surges.
The Inlet Parking Lot is closed and will remain closed until further notice. At this time, moderate beach erosion has been experienced in several areas. In addition, property damage and power outages have been experienced throughout town; however, they have been minor. Citizens should prepare for possible power outages lasting several hours or even several days. The Town of Ocean City will continue to update citizens of utility outages as frequently as possible, however; citizens can view outages at:http://www.delmarva.com/pages/connectwithus/outages/outagemaps.aspx
Flood warnings and wind advisories remain in effect, with the expectation that the current system will keep wet weather in Ocean City through Sunday afternoon. Before, during and after the storm, the Town of Ocean City will be posting storm related information on various websites, social media outlets and through the Emergency Alert system.
In an effort to keep citizens informed with the most updated and accurate information, the Town of Ocean City will be posting storm related information on the following outlets:
- City Wide Emergency Alerts: Citizens can sign up for emergency alerts by visiting: http://oceancitymd.gov/enews and subscribing to “City Wide Emergency Alerts.”
- Town of Ocean City Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TownOfOceanCity
- Town of Ocean City Twitter: @townofoceancity
- Town of Ocean City website: www.oceancitymd.gov
- FM Advisory Radio Station – 99.5
- Town of Ocean City Access Channels 4 & 15
- Emergency Management Hotline: 410-723-6666