The inaugural Shore Craft Beer Fest will not only be Ocean City’s first major beer festival, it will be the first of its kind on many fronts. Sure, there will be a wide variety of great beers, unlimited tastings, and everything you’d expect from a beer festival, but also some things you’re probably not expecting. Check out these 7 ways that will make Shore Craft Beer Fest 2015 unlike any other beer festival you’ve ever attended, then grab your tickets to the event before they’re sold out.
1. Only local beers, poured by the people who make them. You won’t find any regional beers poured by unknowledgeable volunteers like you do at many beer festivals/distributor shows. Shore Craft Beer Fest will feature only local beer- most made within an hour of Ocean City- being served by the men and women who brew them.
2. Location. Sampling beer in a convention center or large indoor space can be fun, but it’s a proven fact that beer tastes better when it’s sipped outside by the water. The home of Shore Craft Beer Fest- Sunset Park in Ocean City- boasts a spectacular view of the Assawoman Bay and is just steps from Ocean City’s vibrant downtown area and iconic Boardwalk.
3. Food trucks. The food truck craze has taken America by storm the last few years, but in Ocean City it’s been a different story. That all changes at Shore Craft Beer Fest when, for the first time ever, food trucks will be found in Ocean City. Rosenfeld’s Jewish Delicatessen and Big Al’s Food Truck will be on hand to dish out delicious eats that will keep festival goers well fed for a day of unlimited sampling.
4. Not 1, but 2 ‘O.C.toberfest’ beers to sample. One-off creations and exclusive brews can be common at beer festivals. What isn’t common is local brewers collaboratively creating such brews for just for an event. To make the inaugural Shore Craft Beer Fest even more unique, several of our local brewers got together last month and went ‘back to their roots’ to make two unique ‘O.C.toberfest’ beers- a breakfast stout and a harvest ale- on homebrewing equipment. These two small batch collaborations will only be available for tasting at Shore Craft Beer Fest, and all attendees will have the chance to sample them.
5. Live Music. Music options at most beer festivals are marginal at best. We won’t have that problem at Shore Craft Beer Fest as local acoustic act, the Nate Clendenen Duo, will be providing background tunes for the event.
6. Tony Russo Talk. Tony Russo literally wrote the book on Eastern Shore brewing history, and at Shore Craft Beer Fest all VIP ticket holders will be invited to attend a discussion led by the local beer expert himself. Hear tales from Tony’s excursions around our local brewery scene, learn about the long lineage of brewing culture that’s led up to the shore’s recent beer boom, and get first-hand insight from the man who has tried as many, if not more, local beers as anyone else.
7. Beer to go. Beer festivals are a great way to discover new breweries, unique styles, and unusual flavors, but what happens when you leave the festival and are thirsty for more? No need to worry about scouring the shelves of your neighborhood beer store in hopes of finding that fantastic brew you found at Shore Craft Beer Fest, as all festival goers will have the chance to pick up growlers, cans, and bottles from their favorite local breweries for offsite consumption.
Tickets for the 1st Annual Shore Craft Beer Fest are on sale now. Quantities are limited and prices will be higher the day of the event, so make sure to grab yours now.