Quick information on Winterfest
- The 2016 edition of Winterfest will take place from Thursday November 17 – Sunday January 1st.
- Hours are Sunday to Thursday 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Entry to Winterfest at Northside Park costs $5 (kids under 11 are free).
- Admission includes a trip on the Winterfest Express tram ride.
- Tickets are available at the door as well as at the Ocean City Convention Center Box Office. They also are part of many hotel packages.
- Other attractions in the heated Winterplace Village include the opportunity to relax and sip hot chocolate, browse the Yukon Cornelius gift shop or have your photo taken with Santa.
An Ocean City Tradition
Ocean City, Maryland may be the premier vacation resort on the East Coast during the summer, but each winter it transforms into an award-winning holiday wonderland with the annual Winterfest of Lights. This award-winning annual celebration of the holiday season includes a light display with more than one million one Christmas bulbs.
Winterfest animated light displays
The hundreds of animated displays at Northside Park on 125th Street are the main attraction, but businesses and residents all over town join the fun with mesmerizing lights of their own. The boardwalk trams are transformed into tour buses, taking visitors on a ride around Northside Park as the displays twinkle and the Christmas music plays. It is an event not to be missed.
Waiting in line isn’t a problem
The atmosphere is so festive at the heated Winterplace village that whether you’re waiting your turn or have just finished your Winterfest ride, the experience is pleasant. In addition to hot chocolate sales and snack vendors (all run by local nonprofits) there is the Yukon Cornelius Gift Shop, where you can purchase holiday trinkets or souvenirs from your excursion. And, of course, no visit is complete without stopping by to say hello to Santa.