Stewart Dobson

Stewart Dobson literally grew up in the newspaper business, having begun working for his father and long-time Eastern Shore of Maryland newsman, the late Emory Dobson, at an early age. By the time he entered the business in 1970, he had worked in circulation, the press room, typesetting and the photography department. He went on to become an accomplished writer, photographer and graphic arts designer in a career that took him from the Eastern Shore to Arizona and Colorado and back again. He joined Ocean City Today in 1994.

Public Eye

PUBLIC EYE 04/11/2014

By: OCsue on April 11th, 2014

Please help him from himself

Dear Clothing Store Managers and Men’s Wear Department Heads:

This letter, which I wish to remain confidential, is to advise you that we are about to do our spring wardrobe shopping.

Unfortunately, the operative…

Read More


PUBLIC EYE 04/04/2014

By: OCsue on April 4th, 2014

March went out like…

Contrary to what the adage says, this past March came in like a lion and went out like a (no profanity, please).

There is little else to be said about that (no profanity, please) 31-day stretch, except that it caused …

Read More


PUBLIC EYE 03/28/2014

By: OCsue on March 28th, 2014

New football rules govern fan behavior

I prefer major league baseball over football for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that showboating after a good at-bat or play in the field will likely result in a fastball up by your ear.

All…

Read More


PUBLIC EYE 03/21/2014

By: OCsue on March 21st, 2014

Please don’t fry sardines

Reflections is gone. Long live Touch of Italy. Or it will be Touch of Italy in the Holiday Inn at 66th Street when the Rehoboth/Lewes-based deli and restaurant business takes up residence in Reflections’ former…

Read More


PUBLIC EYE 03/14/2014

By: OCsue on March 14th, 2014

Please don’t toss babies

The anti-smoking cavalcade is easy to understand: roughly 20 percent of the population smokes, so working against it gives the other 80 percent something good to do that has no impact on them.

Sure, second-hand smoke…

Read More


MarketplaceSee All Listings

Business

Live Music at Seacrets

117 49th St

Check out Seacrets' extensive music lineup this weekend!

Business

Lunasea and Darkside Parties at Seacrets

117 49th St

Every full moon Seacrets throws a Lunasea party. The lights come down, the black lights come up, a band hits the stage and the party gets st...

Business

Monday Night AYCE Crab Legs and Ribs $24.99 at Harpoon Hanna's

39096 Harpoon road

Monday Night AYCE Crab Legs and Ribs $24.99

October 7, 2013 thru April 28, 2014


"All You Can Eat" Alaskan Snow Crab Legs & BBQ Baby Ba...

Business

Ocean City Brewing Company Opening

5509 Coastal Highway

Ocean City Brewing Company Opening on May 1st

Business

On the Edge at Horizons Oceanfront Dining

10100 Coastal Highway

The eastern shore's favorite old school dance band On the Edge will be performing Friday April 4th and Saturday April 5th at Horizon's Ocean...

Business

Seacrets' Raw Bar Specials

117 49th St

Seacrets Raw Bar Specials on Food and Drink 7 days a Week.

Business
Business

The Shrimp Boat Re-Opening

9724 Stephen Decatur Highway

The Shrimp Boat in west OC re-opens on April 10th. Be the first in line for your crabcakes!

Business

Pino's Wine Club

8203 Coastal Highway

Join us monthly for our Appetizer Wine Pairings.
Taste, enjoy and listen as representatives from our featured vineyards discuss the differen...