Register for Penguin Swim, start collecting donations
(Nov. 16, 2012) There’s one more thing to add to that holiday to-do list, and it doesn’t involve a turkey dinner or giftwrapping. It’s signing up for Atlantic General Hospital’s 19th annual Penguin Swim.
Individual and team participants can register now to start gathering donations in preparation for the annual New Year’s Day event, which has become a local tradition on the Shore.
Participants in the Penguin Swim will gather in the Princess Royale Hotel’s atrium, located at 91st Street, on Tuesday, Jan. 1. Registration will begin at 11:30 a.m., and the plunge into the chilly ocean will take place at 1 p.m.
Proceeds from the event, gathered through corporate sponsorships and participant fundraising, support the strategic plans undertaken by Atlantic General Hospital to uphold their mission to improve individual and community health.
Atlantic General Hospital is a 501(c) 3 organization.
For more information or to register, individuals and teams can visit penguinswim. atlanticgeneral.org, find them on Facebook at facebook.com/penguinswim or call the Atlantic General Hospital Foundation office at 410-641-9671.
Latest posts by NinaT (see all)
- 32nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade Traffic Update - March 13, 2013
- 18th Annual Berlin Spring Celebration - March 13, 2013
- Festivus Maximus at Baked Dessert Cafe - February 1, 2013
- Music & Entertainment This Week 1/11-1/17/13 - January 11, 2013
- What to do this Week in Ocean City 1/11-1/17/2013 - January 11, 2013