Halloween Festivities planned for a Spooky Weekend in Ocean City
Things get a little creepy in the Ocean City area around Halloween! Children, and some adults, all over Delmarva are really looking forward to showing off their costumes and going trick-or-treating. Check out these events scheduled for 2010′s Halloween Weekend around Ocean City. There are plenty of reasons, parades, contests, and events to get dressed up for and have a spooking great time!
Friday, October 29th:
- 6 p.m.: Snow Hill, MD
– Join in the town Halloween Parade! Children 10 and under that are wearing a costume may enter the parade. Older children, not wearing a costume, are welcome to walk in the parade with a pet! Call 410-632-2080 for more details.
Saturday, October 30th:
- 12 noon to 4 p.m.: Pocomoke City, MD
– Enjoy the family fun at A Delmarva Halloween! Games, crafts, prizes, and lots of creepy critters are in store for the festivities. A costume contest begins at 2 p.m. Winners will receive a free family membership to the Discovery Center. The Discover Center serves as a source of learning and discovery for the public through the preservation and interpretation of its cultural and natural heritage. The festival is recommended for kids up to the age of 10. A program is free with paid admission. Come on out to the Delmarva Discovery Center if you dare! The Delmarva Discovery Center is located on the Pocomoke River. For more information, call 410-957-9933.
- 1 p.m.: Ocean Pines, MD
– Go to White Horse Park in Ocean Pines for their Fall/Halloween Celebration! Bring the whole family for a ghoulish afternoon of spooky fun. Enter the costume contest, play carnival games, win prizes, and trick-or-treat at the annual Halloween celebration. A DJ will be on hand playing your favorite spooky music. Refreshments will also be available. For more information, call the Ocean Pines Recreation Center at 410-641-7717.
- 5 to 7 p.m.: Pocomoke City, MD
– Trick-or-Treat in Pocomoke takes place on October 30th. Call 410-957-1333 for event details.
- 5 to 8 p.m.: Snow Hill, MD
– Trick-or-Treating starts at 5 and continues for 3 hours in Snow Hill. Trick-or-Treat bags can be scanned for safety at the Police Department on Green Street between 7:30 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Call 410-632-2080 for details.
Sunday, October 31st
- 3 to 5 p.m.: West Ocean City, MD
– Trick-or-Treat at the Ocean City Factory Outlets on Sunday! The shopping stores will open their doors to children in costume for trick-or-treating. Participating retailers will only provide treats. For details, go to www.ocfactoryoutlets.com.
- 1 to 3 p.m.: Ocean City, MD
– Northside Park is spooky! Participants of all ages can have a howling good time with events that include carnival games, arts and crafts, hayrides, snacks, and much more. Costume contests are scheduled throughout the event. Call the Ocean City Recreation Department at 410-250-0125 for details.
- 5 to 7 p.m.: Berlin, MD
– On Halloween, go to the Worcester Youth & Family Counceling Center at 124 North Main Street in Downtown Berlin for their Haunted Hallway. Admission is free to this event. All ages are welcome! Contact the Center at 410-641-4598 with any questions.
- 5 to 7 p.m.: Berlin, MD
– Trick-or-Treating starts at 5 and continues for 2 hours in the residential communities of Berlin. Trick-or-Treat bags can be scanned for safety at Town Hall until 8 p.m. Call 410-641-2770 for details.
- Dusk to 8 p.m.: Ocean City, MD
-Trick-or-Treating will take place in Ocean City. Call 410-632-2080 for more information.
Latest posts by nicasio (see all)
- Saturday Bicycle Ride through Pocomoke Forest Benefits Rotary - September 11, 2012
- Things to do in Ocean City, Maryland September 24-30 - September 6, 2012
- Things to do in Ocean City, Maryland September 17-23 - September 6, 2012
- Things to do in Ocean City, Maryland September 10-16 - September 6, 2012
- Things to do in Ocean City, Maryland September 3-9 - September 1, 2012