Ocean City, Md is no longer just for Miller and Bud Light drinkers. With 10 breweries within a 45 minute drive, and more popping up every few months, Ocean City is quickly asserting itself as one of the premier microbrewery destinations on the East Coast. Each week, OceanCity.com brings you ‘Microbrew Monday” as a way of keeping you in the know about what’s going on around our local brewery scene.
Here’s a look at this week’s beer releases and other happenings at the Ocean City area breweries:
– This Thursday marks the second event in the ongoing breast cancer awareness series known as “Brews for Boobs.” This week’s fundraiser to benefit the local Making Strides Against Breast Cancer chapter will be hosted by Assowoman Bay Brewing on 45th St. The fun takes place at from 7-10pm and will include drink specials, raffles, a 50/50 and more; plus a portion of all proceeds will be donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Visit the official Facebook event page or email email@example.com for more information.
– Burley Oak Brewing Company is currently in the midst of its “AmeriCANmade” campaign on Kickstarter to raise money for its planned canning operation. If you want to see Burley beers in a store near you, plegde your donation to help make the dream become a reality, and get some cool Burley swag for your contribution. Also, don’t forget to check out Burley’s awesome weekly activities like guest bartending charity night on Monday; Vinyl Night on Tuesday; Game Night on Wednesday; $1 off cask beer on Thursday; live music on Friday and Saturday; and a free brewery tour at 3pm on Saturday.
– Ocean City Brewing Co. is welcoming fall season with its newly tapped “Pumpkin Hollow” pumpkin spice seasonal ale and its ‘Black Sails’ black IPA is currently in the hopper to be tapped this week. Also, make sure to head to the brewery for “Firkin Friday,” where a special, one-of-a-kind cask-conditioned brew will be featured weekly.
– de Lazy Lizard Brewing Co. hosts the original “Microbrew Monday” party at Lizard’s Brick Oven Brewery on 1st St. each and every Monday, featuring $2 craft drafts, $2 bottles, $2 rails, $2 Fireball shots and $3 bombs, beginning at 7pm. Lazy Lizard Brewing also $2.50 Frieball shots all day every day and happy hour from 3-7pm 7 days a week with $3 Lizard craft brews, $3.25 rails and all you can eat pizza for $9.99. Finally, don’t forget to stop by during any football game this season for specials, including a craft beer tower and large pizza for just $25.
– Evolution Craft Brewing Company, just down the road in Salisbury, has great food and beer specials all week at Public House Restaurant and the tasting room. Check them out Monday for 1/2 priced wings and all day happy hour; Tuesday you can get a beer and burger for only $10; Wednesday house-smoked brisket sandwiches are 1/2 off all day; Thursday is ‘Community Appreciation Night” featuring discounts for police, firefighters, EMTs, teachers and others who make the local community a better place; and Sunday Evo has 1/2 priced burgers and happy hour all day long.
– The 3rd Wave Brewing Co. in Delmar, DE has lots going on this week, including:
Mon. 9/22 School Employee Appreciation Night-Enjoy Hoppy Hour prices all night w/proper ID
Tues. 9/23 3rd Wave Homebrew ColaBEERation entry deadline-If you signed up for our Homebrew competition, your beer must be turned in by this date.
Wed 9/24 Pint Night at Max’s Taphouse, Broad St., Baltimore, MD 5-8 pm-Come join us at Max’s as we will have several beers on tap that night with some great specials! The tasting room in Delmar will be closed this night.
Thurs. 9/25 FLIGHT NIGHT with 1/2 price flights all night! AND we will have the Homebrew ColaBEERation judging at7:30 pm-Don’t miss this exciting event!!!!
Fri. 9/26 -9/28 HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY PARTY!! We are celebrating our 2 year anniversary all weekend! Featuring the release of our anniversary beer, Sundancer, white IPA. We will have 15 plus beers on tap throughout the weekend, including 1 offs, Backyard BBQ will be smokin all weekend and much more!
9/26-Wes Davis & Ray Holiday will be playing live 6-8 pm
9/27-Rob Becker LIVE 6-8 pm
9/28-Josh Pryor will be rounding out the weekend playing some great tune 3-5 pm
For more information about the Ocean City area craft beer and brewery scene, be sure to check out OceanCity.com/Craft-Beer for beer info, listings, articles, events, and more!