+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

32nd Street Construction ??

Does anyone have an update on the new hotel construction at 32nd and Baltimore. Plans were to replace the old Ramada Limited at that site with a new monster hotel.

Problem is we love staying at the Quality Inn Beachfront right next door and are worried about construction noise and traffic ruining our vacation this coming summmer. I haven't seen anything recently in any of the papers about his project and wonder if it's underway already or if it's been (hopefully) delayed giving us another good year at the Quality Inn. Any updates will be appreciated!

Sand Dollars
    I did a little more sleuthing on my own and found out a couple of things. First there's been no sign of construction or demolition happening at the Ramada Limited site on 32nd Street. So, I called the Harrison Group and asked if they're taking reservations for the Ramada Limited for this summer and they are and the RL is slated to open again in February (apparently after their normal Winter break). The person I spoke with on the phone did not have or would not share any info on the building plans. But to me it looks like they'll get at least one more year out of the RL before beginning the new project. None of this information can be guaranteed.

So, to make a long story short, we'll be staying at the Quality Inn Beachfront again this summer. I guess we'll set aside a few hours to visit some of the other likely hotel candidates in case our luck runs out next summer. Only 7.5 months to go!!