+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

New median fence

Evidently not working as planned.Just read a story about a guy that ran across the street,easily rolled under the fence took all of 1second.The story is at wboc.com..with a video.

Sand Dollars
    kdog...MD SHA designed the fence and new lighting to help with safety. It was designed to deter people from crossing outside the crosswalks. It will deter the huge majority of people from doing this. Not many people are going to run across the street drop to the ground and crawl under the fence. This was done as a stunt while his buddy filmed him on social media. If people do this (obviously drunk) then the police should crack down and ticket them early on. Maybe it will keep it to a minimum.

As someone that has a place at the Seacrets crosswalk, it would not surprise you to hear what I have seen on Coastal Highway. I applaud the SHA for this. I guess time will tell if an additional fix is needed (like electrifying the fence)!!

Sand Dollars
    People just can't wait to talk smack, can they?
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Who is talking "smack"? Not sure if that was directed to kdog or myself but either way....I don't see "smack".

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    He's just stating the obvious, furthermore these (stunts) will get you killed,and it will happen more than what some people think.

Sand Dollars
    So I am assuming the "smack" comment was directed to me? This is probably why there is a "lame" thread on this site. Some people posting here are so out of touch with society and life that they don't know "smack" from an honest conversation!!

Now THAT is smack.

BTW...I agree with you kdog. It will happen to some extent. You can't totally protect against stupidity.

Sand Dollars
    I agree,you certainly can not totally protect against stupidity!

Sand Dollars
    Many pre-fence jaywalkers were just random drunk people at night. And random drunk people at night will continue to jaywalk... they'll just get to the middle of the street, realize there's a big fence, then try to hop it or be forced to walk down the middle of the highway until they reach a break in the fence. Making the endeavor even more dangerous than it initially was. Lol.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMan View Post
    So I am assuming the "smack" comment was directed to me? This is probably why there is a "lame" thread on this site. Some people posting here are so out of touch with society and life that they don't know "smack" from an honest conversation!!

Now THAT is smack.

BTW...I agree with you kdog. It will happen to some extent. You can't totally protect against stupidity.
    No not at you. But at the OP. I took it more as a smack against something positive the town is doing . Must have struck my nerve I guess. Sorry if you were offended.
    And I agree that you can't fix stupid. And there will be more than just this one who is going to be an idiot and try going over or under the thing. On that same note, there has already been the first death from someone falling off a balcony just this week. Sorry for the family.
    But I do applaud the city for their efforts to TRY and keep people from their own folly. With Cruisin OC this weekend, I'm expecting to see some jack ass that will try and do a burn out on the wet roads and end up smashing into one of those medians.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Z,I was only reporting some news,you know,just trying to keep things moving along here.