Thread: Yearning for OC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Yearning for OC

So it's not even memorial day and I'm already wishing the summer away so that I can get to OC for our September visit.

This year's yearning is compounded by the fact that I'm not sure my Macky's bucket will hold-out until September. I've been having regular adult beverages out of the souvenir bucket since last September but recently the bucket has developed a tear down the side. Not sure it'll hold out (or more correctly hold in my beverage) until September! First world problem for sure ... ;-)

Sand Dollars
    Flex Seal tape will fix that bucket!! lol But I hear you. Anymore, we like to come to OC less for the beach, and more to eat! Won't be down before October, and if the weather is bad, we won't even be down then. Fingers crossed.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    It'll be nicer to come down in the fall anyway, after everyone has calmed down about the median fence/pay-by-plate parking/new Denny's/new Candy Kitchen/hotel being built in front of the beach ball water tower/etc./etc./etc...

I foresee many whiny vacationers this summer. Not that they don't have reason to, but ya know... it's already getting old.

If that makes you feel any better!

Sand Dollars
    We'll be bringing the baby for his first trip next weekend. We're really looking forward to it. This will be out first OC trip in just over six months, which is the longest drought I've had in about six years or so.

I know people are complaining about the fence, Inlet parking system, yada yada. But, there's some things I'm excited about.

1. The Atlantic Stand on Wicomico isn't closing after all!!!

2. The Dumsers on the east side of the Boardwalk is safe for at least this summer

3. There's a new big Dolle's in West OC that I'm looking forward to checking out.

4. I'm not sure if we'll get a chance to see it this summer with the baby, but the new place Ocean 13 looks pretty cool.

5. Sunsets and breath taking views of the ocean and the bay are still free of charge.

Sand Dollars
    Kds, that is a lovely post. Pretty much what we all look forward to.

I look forward to the Shrimp Boat, Fisher's, Dolle's chocolate peanut butter LONG taffy, sitting on the benches and people watching and ducking sea gulls (and what comes out of them), SUNSHINE (been raining here over a week now), seeing the new highway and barriers when they're fixed up with flowers and shrubs, sitting on the benches at the inlet watching the boats, and so much more.
    Everyone list what they're looking forward to................GO!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I'll be down first week of June (2-9) For the third year in a row I'll start the vacation in Chincoteague VA. Spending four days there. I love the laid back atmosphere on the island & I love the condo I rent in O.C. I'm thankful the owner family wanted the condo during Memorial weekend and gave me the week after. I hate the crowds. I had it last three Memorial Day weekends.

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post

I look forward to the Shrimp Boat, Fisher's, Dolle's chocolate peanut butter LONG taffy, sitting on the benches and people watching and ducking sea gulls (and what comes out of them), SUNSHINE (been raining here over a week now), seeing the new highway and barriers when they're fixed up with flowers and shrubs, sitting on the benches at the inlet watching the boats, and so much more.
    I'm in the same boat here, our May schedule is cluttered with graduation parties (hosting & attending), and some other family stuff. Will be out in early June and be here for the Air Show, Father's Day and the summer solstice (I'm not a Druid, just think the longest day of the year is cool)

I'll add a few; will probably think of 10 more after I click reply:

Checking the tides app to find the best spot to "establish a beach head"
    Happy Hour at Mother's
    Using the sunrise as an alarm
    Launching a Grand Marnier & stogie at Seacrets & watching the sun set
    Watching the waitress dump that first tray of steaming jimmies on your table
    Sitting outside at Shenanigan's and watching the freak show
    Watching O's, Terps or Ravens at Greene Turtle (O's lose)
    Daily noon double spicy Bloody Mary on the beach

Sand Dollars
    Dave....winters are long enough and with the spring we've had I am hoping the summer lasts.....but as everyone knows....September and early October is the best in OC (especially now that H2Oi is supposedly out)!!
    Last edited by DeMan; 05-17-2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added info

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post

Thank you

Other things I'm looking forward to

1. The smell of Fisher's Popcorn and treating myself to a small order of warm caramel corn

2. The intoxicating smell of the salt air on the summer breeze

3. My first bucket of Thrasher's in 2018, coupled with a pit beef sandwich from Boog's

4. The anticipation when crossing the Route 50 Bridge for the first time this season

5. Listening to the waves

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    I'm in the same boat here, our May schedule is cluttered with graduation parties (hosting & attending), and some other family stuff. Will be out in early June and be here for the Air Show, Father's Day and the summer solstice (I'm not a Druid, just think the longest day of the year is cool)

I'll add a few; will probably think of 10 more after I click reply:

Checking the tides app to find the best spot to "establish a beach head"
    Happy Hour at Mother's
    Using the sunrise as an alarm
    Launching a Grand Marnier & stogie at Seacrets & watching the sun set
    Watching the waitress dump that first tray of steaming jimmies on your table
    Sitting outside at Shenanigan's and watching the freak show
    Watching O's, Terps or Ravens at Greene Turtle (O's lose)
    Daily noon double spicy Bloody Mary on the beach
    Jozo, is there a place in seacrets for cigars?

Also perhaps a silly question or a typo, but what's a tray of steaming jimmies? Is this some urban slang for something?