+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

St. Pattys Day celebrations

i checked the calender of events for OC..and the St. Pattys Day festivities...are the actual weekend of march 17....It is always the week before...anyone know why they changed it?

Sand Dollars
    I thought that when the 17th actually fell on a weekend then the events were that weekend, otherwise they were the weekend before the 17th.

Sand Dollars
    Correct. But some bars will celebrate all week!

Sand Dollars
    Just depends on when St. Patty's day falls. And since the 17th falls on a Saturday this year, it wouldn't make any sense to have the festivities the weekend before. With the holiday being on a Saturday, and all of the activities going on the same day, it's going to be wild in OC this year, so be prepared!
    Ask an OC Insider

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    There are a few things going on if you check the OC website, parade, etc., but the big event is Shenanigan's 5K run, followed by a pretty crazy party:

http://octrirunning.com/

I posted this in another thread, but I had big plans to head out to our condo for that week, get things going for the season, and attend the fun at Shenanigan's.

Of course, with perfect timing, my daughter's spring musical is that weekend. She has the lead and no way I want to miss that. So I suppose I'll plan on next year.

If you go, have a green beer for me!!

Sand Dollars
    It is the 17th this year. If St. Patricks Day does not fall on Saturday it is the Saturday before. Crazy weekend. Parade goes from about 60th Street south to 45th Street plaza. Any bar along this route is packed.....especially Seacrets.

Sand Dollars

St Pattys Day

Quote Originally Posted by DeMan View Post
    It is the 17th this year. If St. Patricks Day does not fall on Saturday it is the Saturday before. Crazy weekend. Parade goes from about 60th Street south to 45th Street plaza. Any bar along this route is packed.....especially Seacrets.

Yes we have been in years past...one year was about 60 degrees,,,then next was about 35 degrees and yet another time was RAINY and about 40 Degrees...just never know. But always a great time.!!