+ Reply to Thread
    Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars

Problems with site......fixed??

I've been unable to post here for around 6 weeks. I've been in the process of changing all my passwords and also my e-mail addresses (fun chore if you've ever done this), and somehow was denied posting privileges here. Sent dozens of requests for help to the forum site and moderators over this time period with only one response and no fix. Also contacted Slow Rider (THANKS!), for his assistance, as I was able to send PM's.

Anyway, thought I'd test the waters this morning and finally can post.

Wondering if anyone else had issues. I did try to re-register, but the final click icon was obscured by the blue screen at the bottom of the site, so no luck there.

Anyway, glad to be back on board, hopefully no more wrenches in the works from now on.

Sand Dollars
    Glad to have you back! And I'm sorry to have missed so many messages--I'm currently in the process of taking over as this site's content manager so I've been busy, but one of my 2018 work resolutions is to check the forum, and my messages, every day. Anyways, I'm glad whatever weird thing was happening is fixed and I hope that it doesn't happen again

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    Glad to have you back! And I'm sorry to have missed so many messages--I'm currently in the process of taking over as this site's content manager so I've been busy, but one of my 2018 work resolutions is to check the forum, and my messages, every day. Anyways, I'm glad whatever weird thing was happening is fixed and I hope that it doesn't happen again
    Thanks and looking forward to a busier board in 2018. I'm trying to recruit OC neighbors, friends to register and participate.

Living 600+ miles away from my favorite place, I'm very homesick for the ocean, crabs, Natty Bo, etc., and this board does help some.

I'm doing some major VENTING at the moment. Had big plans to come out for a week in March, open up and do the
    Shenanigan's run and party for St. Patty's Day. Just found out I need to be in town; that's the date for our daughter's spring musical and she has the inside track on the lead role. Oh well, family always is more important. She's a senior, so will plan on next year.

Sand Dollars
    Yes! Please recruit people to the boards. I've been posting the occasional thread to our Facebook, but most people just don't seem interested. Maybe the downside of having such an active Facebook is that people can interact in the comments rather than come here....anyways. I would love to see more people on here in 2018, and I'll keep pushing it regardless.

Good luck to your daughter in the musical!! Hopefully your family can find time to come down in the spring or summer. It's usually still freezing in March, anyway.

Sand Dollars
    I really think that Facebook has taken over for boards such as this. I used to be on a couple of other such boards & they've gone to all Facebook now. That's really too bad. I hate to the demise of these boards.

Sand Dollars
    PLEASE bring back the Sand Dollars!!

Not all of the OC FB pages are active. The FB page from this forum is much more active than the OC tourism page. There's the Trip Advisor OC forum too! Two of us on here are Destination Experts for OC on the TA forum. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForu..._Maryland.html I'm only putting the link here to draw people there too so they can find info to share on THIS forum. Hope the link isn't deleted.
    Last edited by Z06RL; 12-19-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    PLEASE bring back the Sand Dollars!!

Not all of the OC FB pages are active. The FB page from this forum is much more active than the OC tourism page. There's the Trip Advisor OC forum too! Two of us on here are Destination Experts for OC on the TA forum. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForu..._Maryland.html I'm only putting the link here to draw people there too so they can find info to share on THIS forum. Hope the link isn't deleted.
    Fill me in on the sand dollars...were they really useful?? Is it different than adding to the user's reputation? Sorry, I think it was before my time here, but I can see about bringing them back!

Sand Dollars
    Sand dollars were a rewards program that they used to have on here. You'll see you have sand dollars listed under your post count. At one time, you could "redeem" the sand dollars for gift cards to different places around town. For instance, for 500 sand dollars, you could get a $25 gift card for Captain's Table. I used them like mad! Best thing ever. Then it stopped, and you could use the sand dollars and pay a small amount ( like $10 for a $25 card). Still a savings. But it all just disappeared and hasn't been heard of for about two years at least.
    I wish they'd bring them back!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I had a couple discounted meals at the Captain's Table courtesy of the Sand Dollars as well.