+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Breakfast Year Round

Good Day All,

My wife and I are heading to the beach this weekend, and we may opt for eating breakfast out, which we typically don't do.

Does anyone know good breakfast spots, preferably in West OC or downtown OC, that're open this time of year?

Sand Dollars
    I can't help with this one. We don't eat breakfast any time of year so I am really unaware of what places might be open.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Layton's on 16th Street. We always eat there the morning that we're heading home because we like to leave early & it's one of the few......very, very few places that open by 6 AM. Their food is good, reasonably priced. And, don't forget to get a donut for eating on the ride home!
    https://laytons1601.wixsite.com/layt...estaurant/menu

Sand Dollars
    Decauter Diner on Rt 611

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    Layton's on 16th Street. We always eat there the morning that we're heading home because we like to leave early & it's one of the few......very, very few places that open by 6 AM. Their food is good, reasonably priced. And, don't forget to get a donut for eating on the ride home!
    https://laytons1601.wixsite.com/layt...estaurant/menu
    Oh cool. I didn't realize they were open year round. Since we haven't eaten there in about two years, that's a nice choice.

Sand Dollars
    I know of the Bayside Skillet, though that's more in North OC. Good crepes though!

Sand Dollars
    Bayside Skillet is on 77th St.
    Dough Roller says on it's website that they're open for breakfast on 41st St. and the one on 70th St. I know Sunday mornings that Horizon's inside the Clarion Hotel has a breakfast buffet.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Yes indeed,Laytons is our go to place for breakfast.Been going there for years.Food is always very good.Can honestly say we have never had a bad experience.

Sand Dollars
    Thank you everybody for the suggestions. We have some options if we do decide to go out for breakfast.

I'll say though, I've been to the Decatur Diner twice, and was not impressed. The first time was in September of 2011 or 2012, and again in Summer 2013. I'll say that each time the service was quite good.

But, I don't think the food was much to write home about. And both times, the floors were covered with dirt, and there were flies everywhere.

It's four years later, and they're still open, and there always seem to be cars in the parking lot, but I don't see myself going back after seeing the place filthy in two different years.

I'll add that I REALLY miss Pepper's on 611. I talked to one of the bartenders on the Boardwalk location towards the end, and she said they were looking for a possible other location. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, with the closing of Culture, they return to Rt 611