+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sand Dollars
    Gee, no lines in the restaurants? Must be really unpopular places then. Because I promise you that Seacrets, every buffet, Harpoon Hanna'a, Fenwick restaurants, and many others are jammed. The thing is, the cruisers don't frequent the HIGH END places where you get a little bit for a lot of money. For many of them, it's their once a year at the beach and they want a buffet or a table full of crabs, in other words, food they don't get at home or any other time of year. They're not going to Adolfo's for spaghetti. As for tipping, IF I have good to exceptional service, I over tip. Otherwise, I tip accordingly. And it's the same everywhere I eat,not just OC.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    The restaurants we usually go to are Coins, Marina Deck, Harborwatch, Fish Tales, Waterman's, PGN; we don't go to Seacrets or Harpoon Hanna's, we do go to a couple in Fenwick. Maybe they aren't popular with the tourist crowd, but they are the ones we find suit our taste & deliver good food for a reasonable (for OC) price. No, we don't go for spagetti in OC either; we have plenty of very good Italian restaurants at home. And, we've tried the buffets over the years & found that although they offer a lot of food there is much better quality available at a regular restaurant. The one thing we do that probably most of you do not do is go for early dinner, we like the early bird specials. That is big help for avoiding crowds. However, I don't think that the size of the crowds at restaurants are what the problem is with these events. In fact, that's probably considered an asset. If the 'powers that be' think that the size of the Cruisin crowds need to be reduced they could simply require that organization that runs these events to limit the number of registerations sold. I see the biggest problem as law enforcement, they have got to find a way to fairly/equally apply the laws so that the ones who hijack the Cruisin events & the H2Oi jerky brats are discouraged from coming to OC at any time. About the best idea that I've heard so far is the immediate impoundment, w/high fees to get a vehicle out of impound, of vehicles in violation of most laws. How have other resort towns managed to avoid becoming a magnet for these jerks?

Sand Dollars
    That noise you hear is a can....being kicked down the road. Until the body count reaches a certain number, no meaningful reforms will take place.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/11/07/86021/

Sand Dollars
    The organizers have ALWAYS restricted the number of registered cars. And once that number is reached, they're cut off. Most of the time, it is filled before the show, but not always, so some years they do sell registrations at the Convention Center until they're gone. But it's always limited.
    Ask an OC Insider