As you might have already noticed, I'm trying to get the forum (aka all of you posters) more involved in some of our articles, and vice versa. I think it's important to give voice to everyone who frequents OC--not just me and Tony and the occasional columnist (we all live here, anyway).

I'm pretty new here (I took over another Kristin's account who joined in 2010) but even I can tell that the forum has fallen by the wayside in the past few years and that it used to be much more popular. That's also something I'd like to change, but of course that's a much slower process. (I like this place! I like to hear from all of you and I also think it's important that this is one of the only big OC-centered forums where you're free to compliment *and* criticize the town.)

ANYWAY, we have tons of articles on 'X things to do in the off-season,' but I'd love to actually hear from you folks and compile it into a post.

Obviously Winterfest is big, but are there other wintertime-y things you come down here for? Pitstops along the way to Winterfest? Ocean City Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, New Years traditions? Do you just love to trek down the beach when it's covered in snow, or do you mostly come for off-season hotel rates and to get a break from work?

Share it! Stories, traditions, anecdotes, photos--why do you come to Ocean City in the winter, and what do you do?